A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank Christ for that.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
      Thank Christ for that.
      second

Comment

• Liked the second episode a lot better than the first, felt a lot less hurried and people nailed their parts (the Hound did just fine, I was a bit worried about him...) Only problem is they cut Bran's line (the one he said when he was waking up). "His name is Summer." (about his wolf) I can see cutting the trippy dream sequences, but I wanted that line

Poor poor poor Lady, that part always gets me

I'm really looking forward to seeing Tywin Lannister (the father of the three) and the Hound's big brother...
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• they sure know how to end an episode and make you come back for more.

Comment

• Enjoyed the episode, definite improvement, BUT...

Without spoiling anything for me, as I may want to read the books at some point, PLEASE tell me the villains get some sort of character depth. Because, thus far, the Lannister twins and the (what I assume to be their inbred offspring) Prince and the albino son of the former King are all completely hissable, loathsome people who are just one mustache-twirl away from the very definition of cliche. (I nearly include the elder Stark daughter and that Khal fellow in this as well.)
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Big changes for all characters...... next season.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Inbred prince always remains a despicable cliche. The rest of the characters get humanized.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I preferred the first episode. #2 seemed to drag.
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    Enjoyed the episode, definite improvement, BUT...

Without spoiling anything for me, as I may want to read the books at some point, PLEASE tell me the villains get some sort of character depth. Because, thus far, the Lannister twins and the (what I assume to be their inbred offspring) Prince and the albino son of the former King are all completely hissable, loathsome people who are just one mustache-twirl away from the very definition of cliche. (I nearly include the elder Stark daughter and that Khal fellow in this as well.)
                    Yes, they get a LOT of depth.

Comment

• Because, thus far, the Lannister twins and the (what I assume to be their inbred offspring) Prince and the albino son of the former King are all completely hissable, loathsome people who are just one mustache-twirl away from the very definition of cliche. (I nearly include the elder Stark daughter and that Khal fellow in this as well.)
                      Hmmm, hard to answer this without spoiling things. But in the books Khla Drogo should already have a bit more depth, they darkened him up a lot in the TV show, in the books he never raped Dany. As far as the Lannister twins and Viserys (who isn't albino, his family just tends to have silver blonde hair naturally and I guess the TV show nixed the violet eyes for looking too silly) and Sansa (the older daughter) all of them get lots and lots of depth (one of them became a huge fan favorite by the third book for example) except for one. That one is annoying as all hell, but still only one of them...

I'm a bit disappointed with who they cast as Payne (the king's executioner) in the books he's tall, gaunt and as creepy as **** and in the TV show he looks like a Scooby Doo villain

Luckily it looks like they've cast the right person for the Hound's big brother, he'll be fun to watch...
                      Last edited by Bosh; April 25, 2011, 17:26.
                      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                        £5 million an episode for 'Thrones.
                        Which is much, much less per minute than a feature film with equivalent looking production standards.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• I'm most of the way through book 2 at this point. Martin sure loves the idea of a emotional yo-yo. Yay, good thing happened, immediately followed by a bad thing (both of which usually involve a bunch of people dying), rinse, repeat.

And, though the "evil" (or simply annoying, *coughSansacough*) characters do get some depth, I think it's fair to say that you know who the good guys are (even if they have flaws) and who the bad guys are (even if they have some redeeming qualities) pretty much from the get-go. Unless, of course, I've more to learn in the next 2 books (possible).

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian View Post
                            And, though the "evil" (or simply annoying, *coughSansacough*) characters do get some depth, I think it's fair to say that you know who the good guys are (even if they have flaws) and who the bad guys are (even if they have some redeeming qualities) pretty much from the get-go. Unless, of course, I've more to learn in the next 2 books (possible).

-Arrian
                            Nope the good guys are shown with faults the bad guys with explanantions for their behavior for the most part, save the inbred prince who never truly amounts to anything other than a POS with no explanantion other than he is a spoiled brat.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I don't see what the problem is with having good guys and bad guys.

My personal experience is that there are good guys and bad guys in real life.

What should be included is that even good guys have character flaws, and bad guys might have some place where they can be touched (/etc).

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Show us on the dolly where the bad guy made you touch him Jon?
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X