A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    He desperately wanted daddy to love him. Fool him.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• So... I'm guessing Littlefinger did in fact see Arya, but is keeping it under his hat for now.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Saw that episode today on a friend's computer. Anyone else getting the sense that Arya is the child Tywin wishes he had? He actually seems to like her.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Arya should have revealed her identity to Tywin. Bish, bash, bosh, traded for Jaime.

The author does allow his characters to do dumb things - particularly if they're named Catelyn and have Stark as a surname. However, sometimes he allows large groups to be pretty dumb. The 'Night Watch' and their little jaunt beyond 'The Wall' suggests a complete failure of intelligence.

I've got to avoid spoilers, but lets just say that the author hates pretty much all his characters.

Comment

• To be fair, in the book, Twyin is at Harrenhal while Arya is there, but they never interact; she's stuck working the kitchens.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I think she was afraid she would be killed like her dad or that the trade wouldn't pan out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Saw that episode today on a friend's computer. Anyone else getting the sense that Arya is the child Tywin wishes he had? He actually seems to like her.
                I also wonder, long term, if Arya will marry that black smith bastard heir and end up queen.

Comment

• That would be adorable. The whole "as m'lady commands" thing reminded me of A Princess Bride. "As you wish!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                    To be fair, in the book, Twyin is at Harrenhal while Arya is there, but they never interact; she's stuck working the kitchens.
                    I decided to read that section of the book--I think that the way the show is doing things is just so much more straightforward and better. They've taken a lot of liberties with Arya's journey but I think the changes are for the best.

<< has been reading all Arya chapters and skipping all of the rest

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                      So... I'm guessing Littlefinger did in fact see Arya, but is keeping it under his hat for now.
                      This is a raging debate among my fiends - readers and non-readers both.
                      I think LF recognizes her and files that knowledge away as a chip for later.
                      But given how they have dumbed down LF from the books, maybe not.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Other than his pushing-Cersei-too-far scene, how has LF been dumbed down?
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Supr49er View Post
                          This is a raging debate among my fiends - readers and non-readers both.
                          I think LF recognizes her and files that knowledge away as a chip for later.
                          But given how they have dumbed down LF from the books, maybe not.

haha, he has been dumbed down? Yikes, I'd hate to see the book version of him.

Comment

• LF openly outs Renly at the tournament.
                            He micro-manages his brothels.
                            He tries to woo Cat after betraying her husband.
                            He gets into ****ing contests with Varys
                            And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                              haha, he has been dumbed down? Yikes, I'd hate to see the book version of him.
                              Littlefinger really is a political genius in the books. He's the character thinking 5 moves ahead.

(Of course Varys is thinking 6 moves ahead)
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenOFchaos View Post
                                However, sometimes he allows large groups to be pretty dumb. The 'Night Watch' and their little jaunt beyond 'The Wall' suggests a complete failure of intelligence.
                                I never understood this part either. What could they accomplish by all going out that a small scouting group could not accomplish better?

They have a huge magical wall, and they decide to go freeze their ass in a wilderness that their enemies know better with possibly some weird evil magical creatures lurking around. As far as I know,they don't even know where they are going.

Comment

Working...
                                X