No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, seriously. With all his awesomeness he should have found a way to get out of there. He probably should have been carrying a real sword on him too...
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Thorne said "you'll hang for this" ... and then Jon does not hang. Bad for discipline.
      He doesn't have the authority to hang anyone, he's in charge of (badly) training the rookies.

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
      BTW is it just me being preconditioned or does anyone else find round towers of Winterfell
      to be ... dunno, unfitting for the climate? And weirdly proportioned? They look to me more
      like something that would fit more south.

In northern climates you usually have sharp roofs so that snow and ice would not accumulate.

BTW I love the grimaces Cersei does with her face. They're rather uncommon.
      Not really spoily background info from the book about Winterfell:
      Spoiler:

The weird-ass towers aren't described like that in the book, BUT:

Winterfell is built on hot springs and there's a whole town (creatively named Wintertown) around it, which is mostly empty in the summer but where people swarm in the winter to get near the hot springs. The hot water is sent through some of the castle walls which keeps things warm and probably keeps the snow off.
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
        I shall miss the Dancing Master, presumed dead.
        yeah, but its suspicious when they leave us hanging with a presumption. I'm sure the book readers already know his fate (dont tell) but I get the feeling he'll show up again

Comment

• This is my hope.

A (presumably) minor character, but still...

And how cool was the little daughter's first kill?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
            yeah, but its suspicious when they leave us hanging with a presumption. I'm sure the book readers already know his fate (dont tell) but I get the feeling he'll show up again
            Spoiler:
            Presumed as well, IIRC.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• i was hopeing for more arya due to the name of the episode, maybe next one. i half expect jaime to chop down robb infront of her.

didnt like that they left us hanging whit the dancing master. expecting him to live tho dont think hbo could pass on a death scen there otherwise.

this show actaully have me waiting for mondays.

Comment

• Only 2 episodes left.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Don't worry, the third season will blow this first one away .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• So far, I'd concur.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                      Don't worry, the third season will blow this first one away .
                      Dumbass, don't jinx it. There's still much dragon bint skin to be had and seen.

Comment

• Well the source material is better .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Book 3, page 700ish:

WHAT THE ****ING ****?!

Did that really just happen?! ****!

Comment

• Yep.

Comment

Comment

• ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                                X