A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... that was fun!
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I don't like this show anymore

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        Well... the next 3 episodes will be burying the dead...

• Excellent episode. Loved the Night King scenes, esp. the last one.

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
        Uncle Sparky commented
        Editing a comment
        The last scene was good, but... it felt a bit like a Bond villain, gloating until the heroes can outmaneuver him...

• Well, ****.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• That end part was out of blue. The map of the godswood doesn't even have a tall structure Arya could have jumped from. WTF?
        Last edited by Dinner; April 29, 2019, 18:10.

Comment

• Darkness ... dark silhoulettes ... 2 fires in darkness ... Melisandre casting a spell ... Lots opf fiery Dothraki swords in darkness ... flame projectiles hurled in darkness by Trebuchets and catapults while dark nDothraki riders with flaming swords ride in darkness against a dark mass of wights. Darkness. Snow. Darkness with horse hooves moving over the snow. Dark waves of wights assaulting a dark pike line of unsullied while Brienne in darkness calls some commands until Daenerys and Jon light up the darkness and wights with some nice warm dragon fire.

I guess this sums up the first 15-20 minutes for me ... one might notice one persistent element in this description
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• They really need to find a general that understands tactics. That was the dumbest battle plan EVER.

It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• So, it’s over already?
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                They really need to find a general that understands tactics. That was the dumbest battle plan EVER.
                Well, on the side of the living, Jon was involved in the planning, so it was expected to be dumb (I still remember his dumb planning in the battle of the bastards)

Good for the living that the night kings planning was even dumber ... he could have won if he had left the Bran killing to his minions
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• They managed to make me forget that if you kill the main undead all others would crumble to dust.
                  So I was had with this whole "it's desperate/overwhelming odds/it's lost" sentiment.
                  And then half ration stabbed the horned blue devil. And everything flipped upside down, like you knew it could, but had forgotten.
                  Good episode in the sense that it was all battle but that didn't make it tiresome.

Also, who the freck were those undead anyway? Why were they angry and didn't seem to possess a multicultural approach to things?

Comment

• Uncle Sparky
                    Uncle Sparky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And why only one undead giant? And no undead giant bears?

• I wanted to see the magical ice spiders.

Comment

• Did they even think of trying holy water?

Comment

• Very exciting episode. Could have been MUCH better if they had dawn break sometime after the Dothraki charge. Too dark to follow half of what was going on.

Overall, I'm very disappointed and the entire series might have been ruined for me in this one episode. A battle 5,000 years in the making is now going to be a side show to petty squabling for a stupid throne. The TV show now truly is a "Game of Thrones". It is now only loosely based on the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire".
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Catelyn Stark might still show up... she was resurrected in the books. Who is heading up House Frey? Where did the three eyed crow (and friends) fly off to at the beginning of the siege? Finally, if the three eyed crow could use Bran as a temporal body for its ancient spirit, could the Night King just shift to someone/something else?
                        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                          A battle 5,000 years in the making is now going to be a side show to petty squabling for a stupid throne.
                          Yep.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                          X