No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So has the show caught up to the end of the books now?
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Almost.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Just wondering because as soon as Jon took it in the stomach, my wife looked up and asked if that was why the witch went back to castle black, to be on hand to resurrect him.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• There are two major events that spring to mind (among the characters we've actually had on screen, at least) left to go, both moments of supreme badassery that I suspect will make the cut somehow–though likely not with all the original players involved. There is also one huge development with a character that's been on screen that should have showed up a long time ago, but that I've now pretty much given up hope on.

Other than that, yeah, we're at or beyond the end of the books.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• [This post sacrificed to the Night's King]
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Koyaanisqatsi; June 16, 2015, 10:27. Reason: Jon Miller
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
              So has the show caught up to the end of the books now?
              Mostly. There are a few storyline where it has passed the books, and a handful still slightly behind the books.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                Just wondering because as soon as Jon took it in the stomach, my wife looked up and asked if that was why the witch went back to castle black, to be on hand to resurrect him.
                Honestly, it looks that way. In the books she, the queen, and the princess never left the castle so it seems clear the tv show brought her back for that reason. It seems the worst solution in my mind, using magic seems like a lazy way out, but plot wise it just might free John Snow from his Black Watch vows. After all the vows are only for life and he died.
                Last edited by Dinner; June 16, 2015, 12:38.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Melisandre IIRC was never able to revive someone ... that was the privilegue of her priest-colleague who accompanied the brothership without Banner (those who held Arya and the Smith captive for a short time in, IIRC, season 3)
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• Yeah, I could see it freeing Jon from his vows.
                    And it was rumored that the other cast members did not give him the traditional gifts that they usually give to those that are done with the show.

And what's the over under on number of survivors from the castle leap?
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'd say odds are excellent that both survived the jump. There's plenty more story for both Theon and Sansa.

There's gonna be a ****storm when Cercei learns about Myrcella, though. Ouch!
                      The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                      - A. Lincoln

Comment

• I'm wondering why she waited so long to wipe her lips and take the antidote. Technically it must have been on her lips longer than on Myrcella's and Myrcella was already dead.

I would have been drinking the antidote a hell of a lot sooner.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Poison works at the speed of plot.
                          The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
                          - A. Lincoln

Comment

• Maybe Myrcella wetted her lips, at one time after the kiss, so that the poison got into her saliva (and through her oral mucosa quickly into the bloodstream) whereas Ellaria (for good reasons) refrained from doing so, with the result that the uptake of the poison into the bloodstream happened much slower.

But is it 100% sure that Myrcella is doomed?
                            Maybe there is some antidote on the ship ... for what reasons ever.

After all Myrcella is no Stark, which means there still may be hope for her survival
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

• I'll go 100% on Myrcella, only because if she lives that whole story line was totally worthless.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I'm guessing the "story" is going to be that Ellaria has experimented with poison so much that she's built up a little bit of immunity, which slows down how it works on her.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X