Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
    It hardly matters who she is.

Littlefinger's plan in the books is to marry Sansa to the heir of the Vale and have Lord Robert (Robin in the show) bite the dust through medical malpractice. Thus uniting the Vale and the North in one dynasty under his control, while Littlefinger himself is Lord Paramount of the Riverlands via his seat at Harrenhal.

It's all part of a long-running scheme, too; killing Joffrey and framing Tyrion gets Sansa out of her marriage while providing him with the opportunity to spirit her away. The marriage to Tyrion itself was also engineered by him, to keep her from slipping out of his grasp to Highgarden.
    Yeah, yeah. I just have a lot of trouble understanding how his plan gets him on the Iron Throne, as well as how it's managed to incorporate thoroughly unpredictable events (Bran falling and the consequences thereof, for example).
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Spoiler:
      Well, Shireen is very very dead this season. Crispy like bacon.

Comment

• You picked up on that too, eh?

****ing hell, I hope not. I hope someone is able to stop it; no shortage of candidates:
        Spoiler:
        Jon, Sam, Tormund, Gilly, Davos, Alliser, hell, even Edd.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• That's what you all are taking from this episode? What about...

Spoiler:
          ...Grey Worm and Barristan (maybe possibly it's not clear) dying?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• chúc cả nhà ngày mới tốt lành nhé

Comment

• That's easy for you to say.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                That's what you all are taking from this episode? What about...

Spoiler:
                ...Grey Worm and Barristan (maybe possibly it's not clear) dying?
                Yep. Not happy about that part. Particularly because

Spoiler:
                Barristan doesn't even get his true badass moment. I was looking forward to that.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Indeed. I'm really kind of disappointed about that..

Spoiler:
                  Are they not even going to have Second Battle of Meereen in all its badass-ness? I mean, in the books (sample chapter from Winds of Winter) you have Barristan Selmy leading a host of Unsullied outside the gates to attack the sellsword armies from Yunqai and Astapor, along with Dany's other two dragons, and from the see, Victarion's fleet makes mincemeat of the Slaver's navy. It would have been far more epic than the Battle of the Blackwater
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Good episode. Ser Grandfather did not die, although he can still kick the bucket. My money is on him surviving though.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Nikolai:

Spoiler:
                      Sorry, you are wrong... there are interviews confirming that Barristan is gone
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Yeah, I just found out.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          Indeed. I'm really kind of disappointed about that..

Spoiler:
                          Are they not even going to have Second Battle of Meereen in all its badass-ness? I mean, in the books (sample chapter from Winds of Winter) you have Barristan Selmy leading a host of Unsullied outside the gates to attack the sellsword armies from Yunqai and Astapor, along with Dany's other two dragons, and from the see, Victarion's fleet makes mincemeat of the Slaver's navy. It would have been far more epic than the Battle of the Blackwater
                          Supposedly, that second battle is supposed to happen in the opening chapters of The Winds of Winter.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Duh.

Comment

• Nothing supposedly about it.

Comment

• Well, the man has been known to change his mind and rewrite everything so I am not counting chickens until they are published.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X