Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the first episode.

Quick notes, should be no spoilers:

First scene was well done, but I think book readers like me get more out of it than show watchers. Not sure if it's good or not.

Margaery in the books, it's not clear if she's naive or very smart. In the show this ambiguity is nowhere to be seen. I like how the show has solved this, as the book version is hard to do on screen.

Last scene, again the book version was in reality impossible to solve on screen. The show runner's solution opens up a big question on how a certain future plot thread will be solved, but I have a suspicion. I think it will work out fine.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• I heard in ep4 there's
      Spoiler:
      R+L=J stuff

Comment

• Kickass.to is everybody's friend today, unless you're a bourgeois swine

Comment

• Of course, I only recommend torrent programs to acquire media already released to the public for free

Comment

• I pay for HBO, so I have no qualms.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
              So the first 4 ep have been leaked. Anyone seen them? I haven't.
              Once I read your post my wife and I binged on the first four episodes.

The end of episode 4: **** goes down

So...five weeks until episode 5

Comment

• When is season 5 due out on DVD?
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

• Who knows? It hasn't even aired yet.
                  Last edited by Dinner; April 12, 2015, 20:10.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    Saw the first episode.
                    Margaery in the books, it's not clear if she's naive or very smart. In the show this ambiguity is nowhere to be seen. I like how the show has solved this, as the book version is hard to do on screen.
                    In some of their interview, the 2 show writers said they changed the personality of some characters because of the actors personality or the way they played it.
                    I found also Cersei different from the book. In the book, she seems more stupid and narcissistic than in the show.
                    And same goes for other characters.
                    The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Considering I binge watched the earlier seasons in anticipation, with all the GREAT episodes, the first one last night was kind of MEH. It was more of a welcome back and here's what will be interesting in episodes to come.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• It's what I'm expecting really. It airs here tonight.
                        "Aha, you must have supported the Iraq war and wear underpants made out of firearms, just like every other American!" Loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                          Considering I binge watched the earlier seasons in anticipation, with all the GREAT episodes, the first one last night was kind of MEH. It was more of a welcome back and here's what will be interesting in episodes to come.
                          That's what most of the season premieres have been like, really. Me, I only watch GoT for the 9th episode of each season.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Ok, I watched the first three episodes yesterday and will watch the fourth today after work. So far it is quite a good season though it is true the series has broken free of the books and is now doing its own thing (at least 1/2 - 3/4th of the time). The thing is I can't say it is bad that the tv show is finally going it's own way because they are doing it well. They've eliminate most of the confusing subplots and instead crafted one main plot where they have begun to converge the many different story lines back down.

They do lose some of the richness by writing out so many characters but they really have done a good job of repurposing existing characters to fill another part thus avoiding introducing a new character.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Right. First episode. Mostly fine, but completely baffled as to why they slotted in those brief scenes that only appear to tell us the following-

1- Brienne She-Hulk is demonstrating the emotions of sadness and disappointment by sitting on a grassy tuft and whining.

2- Anne Boleyn is an almighty ****-blocker.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• #2 was kind of a Dornish foreshadowing scene?

Speaking of Ann Boleyn, watching Wolf Hall makes me realize that Natalie Dormer is probably my favorite Anne Boleyn.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X