No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ollie the elevator boy kept his head in the game. Jon Snow could learn something from him.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• That was fantastic. That crane shot in the castle courtyard around 40 minutes in? Holy ****ing ****.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I was disappointed by no
        Spoiler:
        Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!
        but I gotta admit the giant anchor was metal as ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
          I was disappointed by no
          Spoiler:
          Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!
          Well, that doesn't happen just yet. It happens while
          Spoiler:
          Jon is treating with Mance

but I gotta admit the giant anchor was metal as ****.
          That is EXACTLY how my wife described it. "That was metal as ****."

Comment

• They already condensed the two attacks on the wall into one attack; they might as well have thrown that in as well especially given how ****ing packed next Sunday's episode will be.

Comment

• An action packed episode and I'm sure next week's will be too.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• I thought the whole thing was boring. In fact this whole season is pretty disappointing.
                "

Comment

• What exactly was boring and how would you have improved it?

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                    They already condensed the two attacks on the wall into one attack; they might as well have thrown that in as well especially given how ****ing packed next Sunday's episode will be.
                    The last episode will be extra long; most have been just over 50 minutes, this one is gonna be 66.

Comment

• So I guess this means...
                      Spoiler:
                      ...Donal Noye lives?
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Unusual to have an entire episode dedicated to one locale, but it was great.

Spoiler:
                        Now Jon's got to be lonely while his fat friend is gonna be rolling in the hay.
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• I don't know if anyone was counting, but leading up to the episode they kept saying that there were no more than 100 men in castle black.
                          It seems that at least that many were showed killed during the episode.
                          There can't be that many left.

Start counting.
                          7 in the tunnel.
                          At least a half dozen on the wall to the giant's arrow and the barrel exploding.
                          Ygritte took out at least 10
                          Tormund takes out at least a dozen just walking around.
                          Styr does about the same.
                          That tall crane shot showed at least another 10 go down (great shot)
                          And these are just the obvious ones.

While I loved the episode it just didn't seem to add up.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Of course I haven't seen it yet, but I will state that I'm with reg that

Spoiler:
                            Having Stannis at the end - maybe making this episode a bit longer as well - would have been a great capper to the Battle at the Wall; that is one of my favorite parts of the series and I think it should have had one episode of its own. It'll likely be slightly overshadowed by Tywin's death, not to mention Lady Stoneheart, if they bring her in this season
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              So I guess this means...
                              Spoiler:
                              ...Donal Noye lives?
                              Just another character they eliminated in the TV show,, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                                I don't know if anyone was counting, but leading up to the episode they kept saying that there were no more than 100 men in castle black.
                                It seems that at least that many were showed killed during the episode.
                                There can't be that many left.

Start counting.
                                7 in the tunnel.
                                At least a half dozen on the wall to the giant's arrow and the barrel exploding.
                                Ygritte took out at least 10
                                Tormund takes out at least a dozen just walking around.
                                Styr does about the same.
                                That tall crane shot showed at least another 10 go down (great shot)
                                And these are just the obvious ones.

While I loved the episode it just didn't seem to add up.
                                Maybe they got some reinforcements?
                                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                                X