A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoiler:
    But she did tell the Lords Declarant in the last episode so that already aired, no? I'm not sure what this is supposed to have spoiled. Certainly nothing for anyone who actually watches the show.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      I thought we had decided if stuff had already aired on the TV show then it wasn't a spoiler?
      We have. But Boshko hasn't really been following this thread.

Sorry, Bosh, but differences between what happened in the show (already shown) and what was done in the books instead is perfectly alright outside spoiler boxes unless you are going to go much further and talk about the consequences of it (which wouldn't already been shown in the show).

The main problem is that Oerdin keeps talking about the consequences of changes outside of spoiler boxes. The rest of us don't. However, for Oerdin, that post was pretty good...
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• We need Aeson to build a smart spoiler system that automatically puts a spoiler box around material that a particular user hasn't consumed yet. Of course, users would have to continually update their page/episode count so that the spoiler system works. We should make that a regular part of the profile system. Aeson will get right on that, I'm sure. Aeson? ...Aeson?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• And yes, I was joining in by going "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die".

Great episode, though. The Jamie/Tyrion scene should get awards, if there's any justice, and little Arya Boygirl had a fabulous little scene too.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Yean the Arya scene for me is the true turning point for her character. While she's been sliding toward the assassin side, this highlighted her attitude swing.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post

Great episode, though. The Jamie/Tyrion scene should get awards,
              Agreed. Terrific scene, sadly overlooked.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Yes, I read that a lot of people thought it was too long. *REALLY*
                For me it was another tribute to his acting skills.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Martin's publisher is now talking about the series having eight books instead of seven. I'm sure the tv show will be long over before we ever read the final two (or possibly three) books in the series though.

Comment

• It also pretty much guarantees that the book will veer away from the TV show. It would make no commercial sense at all to write books that follow what's already aired.

Comment

http://www.salon.com/2014/06/03/geor..._fantasy_epic/

Martin's publisher is now talking about the series having eight books instead of seven. I'm sure the tv show will be long over before we ever read the final two (or possibly three) books in the series though.

Seven Books for Seven Kingdoms. Good. Only, as I recently learned while editing THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE (another awesome thing you must buy when it comes out!), there are really technically eight kingdoms, all having to do with who has annexed what when Aegon the Conqueror landed in Westeros. So, maybe eight books for Seven Kingdoms would be okay.
                      Yep, that's really convincing that the publisher is talking about the series having eight books.... this is grasping at straws in the absolute worst ways.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Besides, publisher is wrong anyways... the Riverlands aren't a "kingdom":

The riverlands,[1][2] historically the Kingdom of Rivers and Hills,[3] are a central region of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, consisting of the rich, fertile, and populous[3][4] areas around the three forks of the Trident and the northern Blackwater Rush. At the time of Aegon's Conquest the riverlands and the Iron Islands were ruled by House Hoare, the Kings of the Isles and the Rivers,[5] although native river kings ruled centuries earlier.[3]

The Riverlands is a central region of the continent of Westeros, consisting of the rich, fertile, and populous[1] areas around the forks of the Trident and the northern Blackwater Rush. It is ruled from Riverrun by House Tully. The Riverlands is not considered one of the traditional Seven Kingdoms, as at the time of Aegon's Conquest the territory was controlled by House Hoare of the Iron Islands.

Comment

• Every where else lists them as one of the seven kingdoms.

Comment

• Pretty sure Imran's right.
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Have a chuckle at some of these-

The AOL.com video experience serves up the best video content from AOL and around the web, curating informative and entertaining snackable videos.

Comment

Every where else lists them as one of the seven kingdoms.
                                Nope, sorry (not even going to begin to say I got that from the wiki of Ice and Fire - which should have ended debate):

1) The North
                                2) The Iron Islands
                                3) The Vale
                                4) The Westerlands
                                5) The Reach
                                6) The Stormlands
                                7) Dorne

At the time of Aegon's Conquest, the Riverlands were ruled by the Iron Islands (and before that were ruled by the Stormlands). They were not a Kingdom, but a rich part of different kingdoms - at least for 300 years prior to Aegon's Conquest (which would mean they haven't been independent for 600 years of the events of the books/show)

[/nerdout]

Comment

Working...
                                X