A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    Nobody could ever have guessed that they'd have featured that arse.
    Nothing wrong with her rack, either.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• The Mountain's bicep is literally as big as the Viper's head...
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Spoiler:
        Too bad he couldn't goad the Mountain into revealing who ordered him to kill his sister and her children.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• the end of that fight was kinda lame, viper has him done 4 and he starts strolling around ignoring him and exchanging glances with the audience like he's running for office and he's decleated by a one-armed dude lying on his back

and then I aint sure what happened

viper falls on his back and mountain grabbed him by the head with the same arm/hand and lifts him up and snaps his neck?

yeah, the princess bride routine wore a bit thin, but this was the ahole who raped and murdered his family so he's gotta make a speech even if for no other reason than self-motivation

but man, the only good thing about dying that way is going fast

Comment

• Spoiler:
              The Mountain still has the use of both arms. It is the one leg that was hamstrung. He was also stabbed in the chest (not too deep) and gut (that one was deep). The neck grab was with 1 arm and then the other one punched his teeth out. There was no neck snapping.
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• That was not a snapped neck.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Wait, if both combatants at a trial by combat die, doesn't that mean that both the accuser and the accused are guilty? isn't that what teh gods are trying to say? Sansa seemed quite pleased to have the baddest man in her current realm on her side, a condition which is quite new for her. I've forgotten, did they marry her to Robyn yet? I wonder what adventures await the young master on his journeys? Anything fatal?
                  No, not yet nor has that plot line been resolved in the books. I notice in the TV series she reveals she's Sansa Stark where as in the books she has not.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Oerdin can you please stop talking about differences between the book and TV outside of spoiler blocks? It isn't that ****ing hard.

Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Bosh, who is the woman in that first picture? Are those GoT actors?
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• I think it's Lena Headey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosh View Post
                            Oerdin can you please stop talking about differences between the book and TV outside of spoiler blocks? It isn't that ****ing hard.

I thought we had decided if stuff had already aired on the TV show then it wasn't a spoiler?
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by self biased View Post
                              oh, that is magnificent
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                I thought we had decided if stuff had already aired on the TV show then it wasn't a spoiler?
                                Spoiler:
                                Sansa not telling the Lords Declarant that she's Sansa Stark has not been aired on the TV show so it's a spoiler. Look in the TV show Royce etc. know she's Sansa and in the book they don't. Knowing this difference means that any TV viewer with half a brain can surmise that the Vale lords knowing that Sansa is Sansa is not going to be of any importance at least in the medium term.

So if you say "No, not yet nor has that plot line been resolved in the books. I notice in the TV series she reveals she's Sansa Stark where as in the books she has not." That's exactly the same (for any show reader with a brain) as saying "hey guys, those Vale lords aren't going to get involved in anything on Sansa's behalf any time soon." Hence spoiler.

Just spoiler block stuff talking about how the book and show are different even if it's differences from stuff that's already happened.

Yup that pic is from a magazine promo article a while back. Cersei's actress seems to love trolling the fans. She posted another photo that's an obvious reference to
                                Spoiler:
                                Un-cat
                                on her instagram or somesuch so we should see that this season.
                                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X