No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you're playing a bad guy, audience hatred is sweet, sweet applause. I've been there.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
      When you're playing a bad guy, audience hatred is sweet, sweet applause. I've been there.
      I think in general the actors who specialize in playing villains are nice people. It's easier to get a fat head when you're playing heroes all the time.
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• That, and villains are what make a good story into an unforgettably great story. Everyone loves the hero, but the villain is what makes things interesting.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• wrong thread damnit

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
            When you're playing a bad guy, audience hatred is sweet, sweet applause. I've been there.
            The acid test is whether you win the applause at the end. If you don't, they're just hating crappy acting.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Possibly.
              AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
              JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                Ned Stark: "Winter is... a time for us all to come together and work hard."

Cersei: "When you play the game of thrones... you're ignoring your social responsibilities."
                Imagine Arya's little list in China:
                "Chaing Kai-Shek, Capitalist In Roaders, Emporer Hirohito, Prime Minister Abe, Running Dogs, John Birch, Winston Churchill, Lackeys...."

But what about in Russia? Now they can't have cursing or vulgarity in public. In Russian Game of Thrones Little Fingers cat houses require enormous amounts of Kitty Litter.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Is the meaning of the word "landing" in King's Landing listed in the definition below?

land·ing
                  noun \ˈlan-diŋ\

: an act of returning to the ground or another surface after a flight

: a level area at the top of stairs or between two sets of stairs

: a place where boats and ships load and unload passengers and cargo
                  Full Definition of LANDING
                  : an act or process of one that lands; especially : a going or bringing to a surface (as land or shore) after a voyage or flight
                  : a place for discharging and taking on passengers and cargo
                  : a level part of a staircase (as at the end of a flight of stairs)
                  plural : the amount of fish or shellfish landed annually in a particular area
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

• Yeah, King's Landing is a port, where Aegon the Conqueror first landed his troops on the continent of Westeros.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• This was my interpretation as well.
                      The accepted translation for "King's Landig " in Bulgarian however is very different. It is translated as "Kings Palace" or "Kings Chambers" (Кралски Чертог)

So I thought that maybe "landing" is a synonym of "palace" and wanted to check what native speakers think.
                      Quendelie axan!

Comment

• Landing is an uncommon word for describing a port or harbor. That might have been the source of confusion. The stairway definition or the landing of an aircraft are more common in my experience.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          That, and villains are what make a good story into an unforgettably great story. Everyone loves the hero, but the villain is what makes things interesting.
                          Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. You got to root for Rickman. He's the only one who saved the movie from complete craptitude
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                            Imagine Arya's little list in China:
                            "Chaing Kai-Shek, Capitalist In Roaders, Emporer Hirohito, Prime Minister Abe, Running Dogs, John Birch, Winston Churchill, Lackeys...."

r.
                            Sounds like a Norwegian football commentator.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                              Sounds like a Norwegian football commentator.

http://youtu.be/PqZTP8-8wIs
                              That guy is a legend over here.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Looking forward to the next Episode, the one where this one major Character dies

Spoiler:
                                Yeah, like that narrows it down
                                Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
                                X