A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
    That's just stupid. Unless they re-name him "The Plateau".
    I mean, he's still gigantic:

He's just 6'9" instead of 7'1".
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

What was so bad about the previous ones that they have to keep recasting them?
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• They just moved on to other things, I think.

Comment

• Is Mountain any relation to the Hedge Knight from some prequel stories, also a giant?
          AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
          JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• No
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Longer answer: Ser Duncan the Tall was a member of Aegon V's Kingsguard, meaning he couldn't marry. Meaning no offspring.

Since he was a Hedge Knight, that means he wasn't a part of any noble family.

Though Brienne of Tarth is carrying Ser Duncan's colors (some rumors that Brienne is descended from Ser Duncan, but I don't see it - unless Ser Duncan leaves the Kingsguard or has a legitimized bastard or something).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Thank you.

I really enjoyed the Hedge Knight stories.

No pasarán

Comment

• They are immensely fun .

GRRM is supposedly coming out with a last Hedge Knight story at some point soon (probably right after Winds of Winter is done).

Comment

• I do wish Duncan would get a break for once. Get that big boy laid good, growly-man.

No pasarán

Comment

• I've only read the graphic novel versions of the Dunk & Egg stories, and they are rather entertaining. I'll wait for the collection to read the whole shebangabang.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        Longer answer: Ser Duncan the Tall was a member of Aegon V's Kingsguard, meaning he couldn't marry. Meaning no offspring.

Since he was a Hedge Knight, that means he wasn't a part of any noble family.

Though Brienne of Tarth is carrying Ser Duncan's colors (some rumors that Brienne is descended from Ser Duncan, but I don't see it - unless Ser Duncan leaves the Kingsguard or has a legitimized bastard or something).
                        If I recall, GRRM has said that there is a descendant of Dunk in the main story, and he all but confirmed that it is indeed Brienne.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post

The mountain that rides is supposed to be 8"
                          Can't they do the casting right even once?
                          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• This guy would've been perfect, no acting lessons needed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Vovkovinskiy
                            (though he's a tad bit too small either)
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• To exactly match that part, you'd need a true giant as opposed to an acromegalic giant. True giants are unbelievably rare. The biggest ever was Angus MacAskill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_MacAskill) and he was 7 feet 9.
                              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• That last episode was ****, except the part where it was supposed to be ****. It's like all of the actors forgot their trade and their characters. Dany and pretty boy interacting reminded me of A Knight's Tale causing me to immediately throw up.

And why did he not take a ****?! And wipe his ass with the cape?!
                                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X