A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    And even with the departure, Bob was still quite interesting on the show.
    Yeah, it took me awhile to get over my initial disapproval, but yes, I eventually got into it. (but still like the book version better)
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
      Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

But, yes, Stargate can **** the **** off.
      Stargate was never bad, exactly - it just wasn't very good, as Dan Akroyd used to say.

Mostly the crap villains, I think. And none of the new planets were ever very interesting/thought out.
      AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
      JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
          I've found a spoiler for GoT season 4:
          Spoiler:
          I take it you haven't seen last Sundays episode?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• this series keeps me guessing, I was not expecting that last ending

Spoiler:
            dont call me a fool

Comment

• Spoiler:
              A suitable death scene, and none to soon. My wife hated the character and the related story arc so much she had stopped watching. She has now agreed to re-join me.

So, yay.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Just caught the last episode online.

1.) the character of Shae is irreparably ruined
                2.) I am curious if the will bother with the Jeane Poole charade now, probably not. That has implications later.
                3.) Stannis is long overdue for a certain relocation and this bothers me as other parts of that plot are moving way ahead.
                4.) The wedding and the related events were handles well.
                5.) Tywin is laughing and smiling too much.
                6.) Jamie should NOT be at the wedding, him not being there is the real reason for the Cerci schism.
                7.) that opening scene was brutal, it was handled really well. A hundred pages of Ramsey summed up in a few minutes.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• I thought the last episode was very well done. They got all the important stuff in there even while cutting out all the extraneous stuff. Sadly, it makes things a bit more obvious without all the extra details to distract us but they truly did strike a happy medium.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buster's Uncle View Post
                    Stargate was never bad, exactly - it just wasn't very good, as Dan Akroyd used to say.

Mostly the crap villains, I think. And none of the new planets were ever very interesting/thought out.
                    Not to mention they were all planet Vancouver as the budgets shrank over time so they didn't have money to travel to other locations so local sets in Vancouver because the be all and the end all with every planet looking exactly like BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                      I thought the last episode was very well done. They got all the important stuff in there even while cutting out all the extraneous stuff. Sadly, it makes things a bit more obvious without all the extra details to distract us but they truly did strike a happy medium.
                      I'm curious about that actually. We the readers have more information than the viewers, so we knew what to look for. But was it so obvious to the casual viewer?
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        I'm curious about that actually. We the readers have more information than the viewers, so we knew what to look for. But was it so obvious to the casual viewer?
                        Don't think so. My brother didn't get who killed the king. He missed a lot of details I got.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Good observation. From what I've read, the non-book readers don't know who killed Joffrey, while it was in plain sight for those of us who read the books.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Probably not. It reminded me of that old movie Clue where people had to really watch closely to see what was really going on and even then it was possible to reach different conclusions with the same available information.

Comment

• The entertainment industry was today warning fans of the popular HBO series Game Of Thrones to avoid ‘at all costs’ a series of books by a rogue enthusiast named George R.R. Martin, who has written five whole volumes consisting solely of spoilers for the popular television show.

“This man is dangerous and wants to ruin everyone’s enjoyment of a much-loved fantasy drama.” said executive producer D. B. Weiss. “It’s a sad symptom of today’s ‘binge’ culture that people can’t just wait and enjoy things as they are released. They want everything at once.”

“I cannot stress quite how irresponsible it is for someone to write out the whole series, add more detail, go back in time and then publish it for innocent people to purchase and read thus spoiling the series for them. Who does this Martin guy think he is?”

Some of the books in question, which add up to a total of some 4,200 pages, contain so many spoilers that they have had to be split into volumes. HBO executives are investigating how Martin is able to work on new editions set far in advance of the current TV series.

TV fan Simon Rix told us he “picked up a copy of one of the books thinking it was a companion piece or a spin-off from the TV show, but after reading all of them in one week, I had the whole show ruined for me in intricate detail. There were characters I’d never heard of, plot lines that went way off course, and not nearly as much nudity.”

“It’s hugely upsetting to think that there are people who are reading these so called books who don’t even know that they are entirely plagiarised from the TV series,” continued Mr Rix. ”Those poor bastards will never know how hot Daenerys really is from some bull**** wordy description.”
                              linkavitch
                              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• I am a casual viewer of GoT and am not sure who did the deed. I haven't read the books, don't re-watch the shows, and don't go looking for answers on the Interwebs when I've missed something. I see 3 viable candidates: Joffrey's wife, her mother, and Tyrion's child bride. (Sorry, I've long since tired of trying to track every character's name.)

If I had to choose, I would go with the wife's mother as planner, with the wife as delivery system.
                                But Tyrion's wife (Ned Stark's daughter) growing the stones to personally avenge her daddy's death would be awesome. Hoping that's the answer.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X