A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
    its pretty easy to ask questions and find holes. but i would like mister kuciwalker to actaully say something. he is nowhere near a solution to guys dilemma.
    I openly stated at the beginning that a proper moral framework should to some degree respect copyright. I objected strongly to equating piracy with theft, when they are very distinct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
      I openly stated at the beginning that a proper moral framework should to some degree respect copyright. I objected strongly to equating piracy with theft, when they are very distinct.
      so what is a "proper moral framwork"? and "to some degree respect copyright". guy is basicly trying to answer thos questions his just being less pretentious and more pragmatic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
        He didn't win. He's making fancy econonmics arguments to defend a practice that is, on its face, wrong.

Objective "fancy econonmics arguments" > subjective moralistic blather
        Tell that to the prison guard when you run out of cigarettes to pay for safe shower time.
        The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

• my answers is freddy. and thats where i stop working today.

Comment

• Favorite character so far: the dwarf, hands down.
            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
              Favorite character: the dwarf, hands down.
              Fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtyMartini View Post
                Tell that to the prison guard when you run out of cigarettes to pay for safe shower time.
                Many prisons these days use junk food as the currency since smoking is often prohibited.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• I think someone already touched on this but the casting for the executioner is waaaay off. Wasn't he supposed to be like 7 feet tall?

Comment

• I don't remember Ilyn being particularly huge...are you thinking of Gregor Clegane?

(It has been years since I read them, mind.)
                    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Favorite character so far: the dwarf, hands down.

I had no interest in this show until I found out that the dwarf is played by the midget from Elf. I now have a very slight interest in the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi View Post
                        I don't remember Ilyn being particularly huge...are you thinking of Gregor Clegane?

(It has been years since I read them, mind.)
                        No, I know Gregor is huge. Maybe I just pictured Payne as very tall and gaunt. Regardless, he wasn't nearly scary enough on the show. I couldn't figure out what the big deal was when he had the staredown with Sansa -- I just thought he was some random lecherous soldier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
                          Favorite character so far: the dwarf, hands down.

I had no interest in this show until I found out that the dwarf is played by the dwarf from Elf. I now have a very slight interest in the show.
                          Fixed.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Thank you for that completely ****ing pointless change.

Comment

• Overall, the show is pretty good -- my only concern is that my hatred for Sansa will make it difficult to watch. That character makes large sections of the books almost unbearable and, so far, is having the same effect in live action.

Comment

• i has seen.

how exactly is a series with so much nudity airing on US presbyteran puritan politically correct TV?

think about the children!

Comment

Working...
                                X