A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
    I think I'm most interesting in finding out what happens with the Jon Snow cliff hanger.
    Spoiler:
    he's not dead

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
      Spoiler:
      he's not dead
      Spoiler:
      But we don't know if he survives his wounds on his own, if he dies and is brought back by the red witch, or if he wargs into his wolf. Personally, I hope it is #1 because the other two are two magical and I hate to see magic used as a crutch.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Spoiler:
        I'm in the "the wounds just weren't fatal" camp, but him getting brought back to life or whatever would potentially free him from his vows to the Night's Watch. So who knows. Obviously him dying is not an option, and obviously he's the Azor Ahai reborn dude (all Melisandre saw was Snow) so being reborn may have serious plot implications.

Comment

• Spoiler:
          I still think he is the son of Rhaegar and Lena Stark.

Comment

• I have conclusive proof that GRRM is working on The Winds of Winter. And his autograph.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Spoiler:
              I still think he is the son of Rhaegar and Lena Stark.
              Spoiler:
              a) it's Lyanna, b) yes, everyone does

Comment

Spoiler:
                But we don't know if he survives his wounds on his own, if he dies and is brought back by the red witch, or if he wargs into his wolf. Personally, I hope it is #1 because the other two are two magical and I hate to see magic used as a crutch.
                Spoiler:
                *gasp* magic in a.... FANTASY series?!! What's next?! Dragons? Oh wait... in other words, get used to it
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by regexcellent View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm in the "the wounds just weren't fatal" camp, but him getting brought back to life or whatever would potentially free him from his vows to the Night's Watch. So who knows. Obviously him dying is not an option, and obviously he's the Azor Ahai reborn dude (all Melisandre saw was Snow) so being reborn may have serious plot implications.
                  Spoiler:
                  Bingo - dying and coming back means he no longer has to stay with the Night's Watch since he served them for his entire life. He just got a new one
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Besides, the prologue of book five had to exist for some purpose, and introducing the
                    Spoiler:
                    rules for warging at death
                    seems to fit the bill.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Spoiler:
                      He's not coming back as an animal.

Comment

• I bet you the contents of my wallet that
                        Spoiler:
                        Ghost
                        will play some role in the question at hand.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                          They did play up the whole warg thing, that Jon Snow is a warg (as are several other Starks) so I would expect Jon to warg into Snow just so we can see the warg storyline play out. I'm hoping he is only wounded and wargs into Snow while he is recovering but for all I know he could be brought back to life by the Red Witch. I think that would be kind of a copout though I could then see that used as an argument that Jon Snow had fulfilled his vows to the Night's Watch since he died thus freeing him up to go fight in the south or even help the Targarians if he finds out he is one.

Comment

• SPOILER!!:

I just finished reading a couple of VERY excellent articles/essays on the Dany / Meereen arc / meaning:
                            http://meereeneseblot.wordpress.com/...d-the-locusts/ (heavy spoilers)

It's really going in depth into what Martin is trying to achieve and tells us a lot about where Dany is moving.

Spoiler:
                            In short it comes down to Dany first trying to establish peace, trying to find right for the wronged, starting with the lamb people, continuing with facing the Bad result of her Astapor turn-over, wishing to find true peace at Meereen, but for that she must compromise in Meereen with the Harpy. At first she manages to compromises, against heavy costs. But then Drogon comes in, The locusts are poison, and she after all flights to the Dorthraki Sea where she becomes one with Drogon, embraces her inner Dragon, and dismisses all her attempts for righteously in Meereen as child-folly.

Her relation with Daario is a reflection of that. Daario is her inner Dragon, she longs after him because he's reckless and cares only for war. Hizaq Zo Loraq (sp?) is his counter type, he brings peace but doesn't satisfy her.

The entire Dany arc is her fighting between her inner Dragon or getting peace at a compromise. She wants to reach justice at her own terms, reaches peace at a compromise, but in the end choses to be the Dragon after all.

After reading it already ADWD become 10 times as interesting! I already did like the book a lot, though this adds a lot of depth to it. And it is very well based with arguments. It's a long read, but totally worth it imho.

It also leaves me wondering how this Arc will continue for Dany!
                            I think that she now will become the conquering Dragon Queen, starting a Dance with Dragons that will be the cause of death for many. First in Meereen, where she will march to with her new kalassar (After violently killing the current Khal) (and the khallassar obviously also depicts her inner dragon, as Kahl Drogo did!). And when she had destroyed all her enemies at and around Meereen (including many innocents) she will go to Westeros.... but that's just all my prediction!
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I'm thinking of adding George RR Martin to my dead pool list next year...
                              The way I've picked for the last few years, he should live to a 100 and maybe actually finish the series
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I mean... yeah, Plomp. I assumed that was the whole point of the Dany arc as well, relieving her of her naivety. However, some of the other things in that blog (I read the first two parts some time ago) seem a bit out there to me. The supposed identity of the poisoner, for instance.

Comment

Working...
                                X