No announcement yet.

A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it will probably be books 4 & 5 combined but over two seasons. Heck, they're still only 2/3rds of the way through book 3 right now.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
      With all the hot women on this show, you go for Arya?
      After everything that's been said, you couldn't be more mistaken.

As for the continuation of the show, I agree there'll be some book 4 stuff during next season. After that, I wonder into how many season they'll split books 4 & 5. Could be done in two seasons, could be done in three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        That seems... impossible. There is a lot of story in Books 4 & 5 to be done in 10 episodes. I can see them combined and done as 2 seasons - unless they move things from Books 4 & 5 into Season 3. Also I think they want to give Martin some time to actually finish the next book .

Its one and the same really. Because the Lannisters would have gone to war instead of the Starks if Joffrey was disinherited in favor of Stannis.
        they were going to compress it by ditching some of the less important stuff where new characters are introduced.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

• They kind of have to ditch some of the less important characters other wise there will be too many characters for viewers to keep track of and people will lose interest.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
            they were going to compress it by ditching some of the less important stuff where new characters are introduced.
            Still too much for only 10 episodes, even if you take out a lot of the Dorne and Iron Islands story. Though if they short change us on the Sand Snakes, there will be Hell to pay .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Indeed. Especially The Sphinx.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Apparently, It has been confirmed that George R. R. Martin is writing Episode Two of Season Four.

Spoiler:
                Hello Purple Wedding?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

That seems... impossible. There is a lot of story in Books 4 & 5 to be done in 10 episodes. I can see them combined and done as 2 seasons - unless they move things from Books 4 & 5 into Season 3. Also I think they want to give Martin some time to actually finish the next book .
                  There will be parts of book 4/5 into season 4
                  And of course a lot of book 4/5 will be left of the screen.

The most recent idea is to finish the series in 7 seasons.
                  season 1: book 1
                  season 2: book 2
                  season 3: book 3a
                  season 4: book 3b / 4a/5a
                  season 5: book 4/5
                  season 6: book 6
                  season 7: book 7
                  (and that's most probably the point where GRRM decides he needs 8 books )

I can see a lot being cut from book 4/5.

Spoiler:
                  Dorne can't be removed, but huge parts of Dorne can be removed. No need to have the entire episode where Myrcella is being kidnapped and ariadne is being locked in the tower, in example.
                  Spike can be largely removed as well. All they need to show is that Euron grabs power while Theon is absent. That's enough for Theon later on in book 6 or 7 to show up and claim the power after all.

It seems like Mereen is already cut off and mixed with Yunkai.
                  Big parts of Tyrion's travel can be removed as well. Who knows what will happen with Quentin Martell.... if D&D know enough, perhaps that storyline isn't even important at all.....

Its one and the same really. Because the Lannisters would have gone to war instead of the Starks if Joffrey was disinherited in favor of Stannis.
                  If Joffrey would have been legitimate, there would have been no problem.
                  And at least if Ned would have had the idea that Joffrey would have been legitimate, he would have sided with the Lannisters to fight for the son of his best friend.

But of course it's all speculation on fiction, which is really a waste of time
                  Last edited by Jon Miller; June 13, 2013, 15:54. Reason: added spoiler
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Spoiler fail!
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Apparently, It has been confirmed that George R. R. Martin is writing Episode Two of Season Four.

Spoiler:
                      Hello Purple Wedding?
                      Reasonable guess. I'd think that'd be either episode 3 or 4, with 2 being mostly focused on
                      Spoiler:
                      the first battle of Castle Black, with sprinkles of Dany marching on Meereen and various wedding preparations (let's meet Oberyn, my what a pretty hairnet Sansa just received, that sort of thing)
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
                        Spoiler fail!
                        Oops, I'm sorry!
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• I thought there was a thread for book discussion?

This thread is a land mine for those that haven't read the books.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• We're into consolidation these days

This is a TV show discussion speculating as to what will be shown in upcoming seasons based on book knowledge.

Comment

• All fine for the people who have read the books.

I guess the rest of us don't matter?
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                                All fine for the people who have read the books.

I guess the rest of us don't matter?
                                It is known
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X