A Game of Thrones - TV Show Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
    Yeah, both him and Madden (Robb) seem to be extremely popular with the ladies; Madden seems to be the better actor, in my opinion.
    Spoiler:
    They're going to be so pissed when YOU KNOW WHAT happens.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
      The senior Starks are still a weak link. We're still only getting monotone acting from them. That's not a problem when they're against less intimidating support, but when EmoSulk Snow was in a scene with Ciaran Hinds he might as well have been a prop.
      Yeah Jon in general is the most disappointing bit of the show, especially since they've nailed so many other characters so well or even made them better than in the books (Tywin especially). It's partly the actor's fault but the script really has him portrayed as a doofus so he has less to work with than some other actors. Also a lot of BookJon's personality comes through in the internal monologues while ShowJon just stands around looking constipated.

Also Jon and Sansa suffer from having the characters be across the board older than in the books, so some of the dorky stuff that BookJon and BookSansa do don't seem so bad since they're a good bit younger than their actors in the show. On the other hand, probably a good thing that Tyrion is older than in the books (24 at the series start).
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• Yeah, how exactly do you translate all those inner monologs on to the screen without turning the show into some boring psych lesson?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
          Yeah, how exactly do you translate all those inner monologs on to the screen without turning the show into some boring psych lesson?
          Also I read the first book when I was in high school (in the late 90's forget when exactly) and I thought that Jon and Dany were awesome because magic swords and dragons! Cool! And first impressions matter so they'll still always be some of my favorite characters. If I read it for the first time now I'd probably view a lot of the characters pretty differently. There's always a war between first impressions and your current point of view when you're re-reading a book, for example in my most recent read-through, Micah (the butcher's boy, Arya's friend) getting killed got to me (same with anything related to kids getting killed due to my two young sons) and I didn't give a crap about Lady, while when I first read the books when I was younger Lady dying was more of a gut punch than anything in the first two books.
          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

• I believe Lady the dire wolf is still alive as there was a passage about "unusually large wolves stalking the Riverlands". They were feeding on all the dead bodies in the Riverlands.

Comment

• I never saw Jon as Charismatic in either the book or show, so I suppose I care less about how he is portrayed.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Ned Stark slit Lady's throat. Nymeria is still prowling around.

Comment

• Spoiler:
                  Ahh, yeah. I mixed those up. Nymeria is the one still around and Arya keeps warging into her accidentally in her sleep. Just like she warged into the stray cat when she was blind.
                  Last edited by Dinner; April 6, 2013, 15:55.

Comment

• We're not there yet in the show Oerdin. Please spoiler tag it for those who haven't read it yet.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Goddammit Oerdin, use spoiler tags ffs

xpost

Comment

• I am surprised you guys don't have him on your ignore list.
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Oerdin, you are re-****-ed. I don't have you on my ignore list, because whilst you are a partisan hack you aren't actually evil unlike Ben. And nowhere in that previous post did I say I had you on ignore, so I don't know why you sent me that PM, but I'm reconsidering it.

Comment

• The popularity of this show really turns me off to it. People suck. If so many people like it, it must be bad... somehow.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• How does one make spoilers anyway?
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• the spoiler tag-- [ spoiler ]

Comment

Working...
                                X