Is it acceptable to hit a woman back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it acceptable to hit a woman back?

If a woman hits you, is it acceptable to hit her back?
    Unless she is swinging a meat axe at you.

Scenario: Some wman has gone off her nut, for whatever reason, and perhaps slapped your face. Is it acceptable to hit her back (or even have a full on punch up)? Assume there is no real chance of her causing you any serious hurt.

Would it be even worse to hit back if the female was elderly and infirm?

The very idea seems an outrage against decency.
    Yes
    42.86%
    No
    42.86%
    I am not voting in this poll
    9.52%
    Banana option
    4.76%

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

hit them with psychology, floors them every time

Comment

Braindead gets beat upon by old ladies.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Equality
            Paternity leave
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No, but pepper spray is okay because there's no touching
              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

It's silly to make a blanket determination based on somebody's gender. When you've been struck then sometimes it's appropriate to respond in kind to a woman, sometimes it's not appropriate to respond in kind to a man, and vice-versa in both cases.

However, I think it's absolutely indecent to respond in kind to being struck by somebody (male or female) who has freckles, and I will respond with gibbering moral outrage if you disagree with me.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

The obvious follow-up question is: is it acceptable to hit a man back? It's implied by the thread's question that it is, so the question should instead be phrased, should the automatic response to being struck by a man be to strike him back? Just how far are we going to take this gender inequality thing - is it going to be "never hit women, always hit men", or is it going to be "never hit women, always hit men (if you can run faster than them or are larger than them or outnumber them)", or what? Because I've been struck three times in my adult life, and I never considered the appropriate response to be retaliation despite the fact that the assailants were all males - in all cases the assailant just needed to cool down and/or sober up, and escalating the situation wouldn't have accomplished anything productive.
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I think you are in the minority here loin. Ginger kids have freckles and we all know it's acceptable, and indeed necessary, to thrash ginger kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                      If a woman hits you, is it acceptable to hit her back?
                      Unless she is swinging a meat axe at you.

Scenario: Some wman has gone off her nut, for whatever reason, and perhaps slapped your face. Is it acceptable to hit her back (or even have a full on punch up)? Assume there is no real chance of her causing you any serious hurt.

Would it be even worse to hit back if the female was elderly and infirm?

The very idea seems an outrage against decency.
                      No.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        The obvious follow-up question is: is it acceptable to hit a man back? It's implied by the thread's question that it is, so the question should instead be phrased, should the automatic response to being struck by a man be to strike him back? Just how far are we going to take this gender inequality thing - is it going to be "never hit women, always hit men", or is it going to be "never hit women, always hit men (if you can run faster than them or are larger than them or outnumber them)", or what? Because I've been struck three times in my adult life, and I never considered the appropriate response to be retaliation despite the fact that the assailants were all males - in all cases the assailant just needed to cool down and/or sober up, and escalating the situation wouldn't have accomplished anything productive.
                        When I wrote the OP no thought was given to hitting men. With respect to men I agree that hitting back need NOT be automatic.

I have been assaulted once in the past 30 years. A man took a swing at me, missed and fell over. He was so blind drunk that he couldn't get up (or aim his swing at all well). I just kept walking while he shouted the vilest obscenities. The idea of hitting him didn't even occur to me (he hadn't hit me anyway but not for want of trying). He was so drunk he was completely incapable of doing me any harm. (I didn't help him either. He would just take a swing or kick if I did).

Oh, and another time a chick gave my face a jolly good slap. A friend thought it would be funny to pinch her bum in a way that it look like I did it. The idea of hitting back didn't occur to me.
                        Last edited by Egbert; April 13, 2011, 01:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
                          I have been assaulted once in the past 30 years. A man took a swing at me, missed and fell over.
                          What the hell life-style do you live? I average a fist fight a year and I don't drink, don't do nothing, try to be peaceful, and honestly, don't even leave the house much

I've gotten into multiple fist-fights just at my jobs with employees.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Oh wait I forgot I live in Philly Fighting is a way of life here.

I'm from Philly, so you know I like scrappin',
                            Put your lights out faster than a Barry White album
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              I'm a dumbass, so you know I don't know no better.

FTFY
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                              X