Policeman Raped in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    Go try sign a legal document when you are **** faced and see what happens.
    Legally you regarded as incapitated when highly intoxicated. In other words, incapable of giving consent. I am aware of the law. I am also aware of the possibility of getting busted for rape if you see to somebody who is intoxicated, particularly if you are at all forceful or too "pushy'.

BTW I have been pissed out of my brain.

Comment

So you agree the law does not consider an inebriated person capable of giving consent but you disagree?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

well even if police officer was gay, you would expect from him to be able to handle other men who he does not want to have intercourse with, let alone a hetero... and on the other hand you would expect rapists not to target policeman for obvious reasons...

so you put two and two together, and ... do your Canadian mounties get raped regularly?
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Lot's of big men have been raped OFITG.

I will concede it is far less likely to happen than male on female assault but it most certainly has happened.

If anything, I would expect the event to be less likely reported for all the reasons previously discussed. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            My issue was, why should I assume he was raped at all? You asked" why assume it's not rape?", I flipped it around and said why I come from a different approach.

If you asked "how should his claims be dealt with?", that is something entirely different. I wouldn't dismiss the claims, but even on a prima facie basis, I see no basis to believe him.
            It's an anecdotal article, about a tangential point, how rape victims are treated from the possibly unique perspective of a male detective who's been raped. He's not trying to prove there is evidence required for a conviction, quite the opposite.

Most false accusations are either directed as attacks on individuals, or as ways of deflecting shame/guilt/judgement about behaviour one regrets or thinks they might be persecuted for.

What is the upside of manufacturing this story? I can't see what the motivation would be.

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
            And the willingness to press charges indicates a level of gravity greater than a simple article. I agree with your point that people don't come forward.
            He is unwilling to press charges? Not sure if you have a typo or I am just missing your point.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
              however in order to be fair and balanced, I thought it was more appropriate to point out the fact that UK is the country where even policmen are raped, where else could that happen???
              Anywhere.
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

well even if police officer was gay, you would expect from him to be able to handle other men who he does not want to have intercourse with, let alone a hetero... and on the other hand you would expect rapists not to target policeman for obvious reasons...

so you put two and two together, and ... do your Canadian mounties get raped regularly?
                1. He was asleep.
                2. Nowhere does it say he told the attacker he was a policeman.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

3. Nowhere did it say it was a regular occurrence.

Comment

well I think it is debatable that this happens often... i for sure never read anything about it...

but for a male to rape the other male - he has to be homosexual or bi to start with, and with the stats, that is what 2-3% of the population? In addition to being homosexual, he needs to be a psychopat of some sort... and that is less than 1% of already relatively small overall population.

Add to that point that such a gay psycho is going to bang a hetero cop?!? who he should really try to avoid the most, as psychos do not really like jailtime either... I bet this, if not first reported, is one of the first instances of such an incident anywhere.
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I disagree with that.

I have talked to bisexuals/homosexuals who have talked about experiences with 'aggressive' homosexuals/bisexuals.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        So you agree the law does not consider an inebriated person capable of giving consent but you disagree?
                        Yes for little things. If you buy a chocolate bar when drunk you should not eat it and then ask for your money back on the grounds of contractual incapity. If you choose to get into a drunken orgy I really don't think that you should bellyache about it next day.

I most certainly think if you seduce somebody and say "come to bed" it can not be rape even if you are blind drunk. If you beat somebody unconscious to obtain co-operation then it is most certainly rape. Somewhere between those two extremes there is a grey area.

The letter of the law and what I personally consider should be reasonable may not be quite the same and yet I am required to obey the law even if I am in not in complete agreement.

Comment

male police officers don't get raped
                          That is an absolute statement OFITG.

well I think it is debatable that this happens often... i for sure never read anything about it...
                          You are moving goalposts now.

Comment

For one thing, rape/nonconsensual sex is very common.

A lot of people, including people in this thread, who don't think of themselves as psychopathic defend it.

Remember that even in first world countries (I am not talking about south africa/etc here), 25+% of women experience nonconsensual sex.

I don't know why you think that homosexual/bisexual men are less likely to be aggressors. The more sexually aggressive communities (BDSM/etc) are definitely represented in the homosexual community.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You guys seem to say "if there aren't two men who are upstanding who here a loud and repeated cry for help/etc, then it was consensual'.

Please move to Saudi Arabia.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

well... "male police officers don't get raped" until this one ... or in other words this is a general statement, and I am suprised that this happened at all. It is as odd an combination as one can get... perhaps not as gruesome as Mr Meiwes eating the volunteers, but just as surprising to me, not that can happen easily in this day and age, but this one certainly did (edit:suprise me).
                                Last edited by OneFootInTheGrave; April 8, 2011, 10:37.

Comment

Working...
                                X