Anybody want to argue global warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to argue global warming?

In a civilized manner? no insulting? or name calling?
    I do not believe in global warming. Can it be proven?
    Let me eat my ice-cream take some pain medication and I will start with my opening post. ( I never thought I would get tired of ice-cream. Eat that sh*t for a week everyday and see if it does not get old fast. ) I had mouth surgery last week. I cannot talk but I can type.

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
    I do not believe in global warming. Can it be proven?
    Yes.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Well first, I like most here prob know only what they read about global warming. When I was still young in school they kept saying that we were going into a ice age. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the forecast was wrong.. Depending on which expert you listen to, they will give you different opinions on global warming. I am just going to use some common sense. As I have pointed at in another thread, The weather man can only forecast the weather for so many days ahead. How can they make a forecast years ahead? What is the proof for global warming? Half of the scientist say it is real the other half say it is a myth. Are you up for the challenge to sway me into the believing in global warming?

Comment

First mistake: "Half of the scientist say it is real the other half say it is a myth." False.

"use some common sense"

Brilliant. I might just use some common sense to work out a way of building a Fusion reactor to solve our energy problems forever!
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Saying "Half of the scientist say it is real the other half say it is a myth." is as wrong for Climate Change as it is for Evolution.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

how about, some scientist say it is real some say it is not real.? Common sense tells me that if there is no ( i'm stoned ) whats the word I'm looking for? not a mutual agreement? That it is not excepted as fact, yet.

Comment

The pro-global warming types also make absurd claims about the opinion of the 'scientific community'.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood View Post
                how about, some scientist say it is real some say it is not real.? Common sense tells me that if there is no ( i'm stoned ) whats the word I'm looking for? not a mutual agreement? That it is not excepted as fact, yet.
                Consensus. There is and it is.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

consensus! thats it

Comment

what is the proof?

Comment

On the scientific consensus:

Policy-makers and the media, particularly in the United States, frequently assert that climate science is highly uncertain. Some have used this as an argument against adopting strong measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. For example, while discussing a major U.S. Environmental Protection Agency report on the risks of climate change, then-EPA administrator Christine Whitman argued, “As [the report] went through review, there was less consensus on the science and conclusions on climate change” (1). Some corporations whose revenues might be adversely affected by controls on carbon dioxide emissions have also alleged major uncertainties in the science (2). Such statements suggest that there might be substantive disagreement in the scientific community about the reality of anthropogenic climate change. This is not the case.
                      It then goes into a lot of detail about the consensus and who agrees etc. This is from 2004.

It's amazing that there has been such a clear consensus for so long, and yet it's still not fully accepted by the public.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

You can read the most recent IPCC summary in full here if you have a good amount of time to spare.:

We've got both kinds

Comment

Yes, TY I am reading now

Comment

DFG should not read this, but it is interesting about related to the subject on hand (Energy related):

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                              Saying "Half of the scientist say it is real the other half say it is a myth." is as wrong for Climate Change as it is for Evolution.
                              Reminds me of this:

1: "Newton's theory of gravity is just a theory. It's also been proven inaccurate."
                              2: "Still got us to the moon and back though."
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X