Eating Crow Re Oil Price -- KrazyHorse wins by more than a few lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    Even I knew developing world demand was going to out strip supply increases causing prices to rise. Dans is to be commended for owning up to his error though.
    Why didn't you buy futures then?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

DanS

BTW did you use Google Calendar to record this? I have a couple of similar bets
      pending resolution in years to come... and now I rely on Google to remind me.

Comment

Funny. I was on the same side as DanS.

Even I knew developing world demand was going to out strip supply increases causing prices to rise. Dans is to be commended for owning up to his error though.
        Yeah, you knew, but did you know at the time?

Comment

Even I knew developing world demand was going to out strip supply increases causing prices to rise.
          Just like gold, silver, and platinum.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            More important than the current price of oil is the fact that spot has been above the strike for ~80% of the lifetime of the bet, despite a once-in-a-generation recession in the US (and a global dip as well)
            Can we say that it was a true global dip? It caused a big ripple in the Chinese export sector, but if the growth numbers out of the government are to be believed, the country hardly missed a step.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
              Yeah, you knew, but did you know at the time?
              Nobody knew. Oerdin's just FoS, per usual.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                I think the price of oil will stabilize, more or less, at 120 for years.
                I'd be willing to bet that it's not...

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  DanS
                  High Oil Prices
                  Chinese Demand
                  CANADIAN OIL
                  Gran Tierra Energy, Inc. (GTE)
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Gran Tierra Energy, Inc. (GTE)
                    One of countless smaller energy companies in Calgary. Why mention them?

AFAIK they don't even really work in Canadian oil. They focus in South America.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's correct.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I would just like to thank DANS for EXPOSING KH for the liar he is. Remember that infamous quote that he was 100% invested in equities? WHAT ABOUT THIS BET?

5 STAR REPORTING

Comment

I think you should start a new bet about the price of coconut oil. Copra is going for like 3-4 times normal prices right now here. I don't know what's up...

Comment

Working...
                          X