Google's ultra fast broadband network to start in Kansas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
    Last time I called someone a hillbilly, he tried to kick my ass. I hear people call each other ******s all the time, with no apparent anger from the other side. Clearly, your view of the situation is wrong.
    Black people are slower to resort to violence?

Were these people using the n-word Black themselves?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You are in desperate need of a road trip.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

dont you need hills for hillbillies?

KC is hill-less

we got hicks out here

Not really sure what a hick is, but my golfing buddy aint a fan of them - I guess they're like the trailer park "white trash" seen on Jerry Springer

his company should see a nice boost from Google

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
          dont you need hills for hillbillies?

KC is hill-less

we got hicks out here

Not really sure what a hick is, but my golfing buddy aint a fan of them - I guess they're like the trailer park "white trash" seen on Jerry Springer

his company should see a nice boost from Google
          There are hillbillies in Missouri. In the Ozarks. Springfield, MO, like I said.

And I don't think they literally need to be from hill-country. Just like rednecks don't literally have to have red necks.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Now find KC on that map.

Comment

Here's a clue: KC shares it's latitude with Philly (and Denver, Indianapolis, Springfield IL, and Cincinati).

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                There are hillbillies in Missouri. In the Ozarks. Springfield, MO, like I said.
                And there are ******s in Philly... like you have also proved... So I guess you think it's ok if we call Philly ****** land because there are blacks there, since you called Kansas Hillbilly land.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have been through Kansas. I saw very little of hills much less mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    And there are ******s in Philly... like you have also proved... So I guess you think it's ok if we call Philly ****** land because there are blacks there, since you called Kansas Hillbilly land.
                    I think "Chicken Chomper City" sounds ever so much nicer than (cough) land.
                    Last edited by Egbert; March 31, 2011, 23:39. Reason: n word was gratuitous

Comment

This seems to be a gratuitous use of the n-word.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Nahhhh... just trying to make a point that is obviously just going over his head...

But it is funny watching him "try" to justify his use of a racial slur...
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hillbilly is a socio-economic slur not a racial one isn't it?
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            Hillbilly is a socio-economic slur not a racial one isn't it?

That is my understanding as well. "Hillbilly" doesn't have quite the negative connotations that "******" does. I don't think the two are equal. If Albie had said "White Trash" then maybe it would make more sense.
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I've never heard of a black hillbilly but I suppose it could happen.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thank you MikeH and Lonestar

And Lonestar, even white trash would be debatable because white trash is qualified. It's only in reference to a subset of whites, not white people in general. The equivalent to the n-word would be cracker, peckerwood, whitey, or honky or something but those slurs are almost comical.

Comment

Working...
                                X