No announcement yet.

How do you think the revolt in Libya will turn out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I had to pick one (only) I selected protracted civil war as the most likely short term result. Some of the others are also likely in the longer term.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Well, if it's protracted, then it's not short term. Just sayin'...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

True enough. The poll choices are poor.

I dont believe the rebels will be able to oust Kaddafi and end the current military (short term) stage of the civil war. That would require real soldiers and no country with such troops is gonna put "feet on the ground". The next (protracted) stage of the civil war will likely be "Libya is split in two with a ceasefire of sorts" and "Ineffective central government(s) with tribes largely doing there own thing". The fact of and reasons for Libyan tribalism in the specific power vacuum of Kaddaffi's decline was an interesting point made by Dr Anderson in the speech I referenced in another thread.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

NATO will get dragged into increasingly "muscular" intervention in order to make sure the rebels topple teh crazy crossdressing one. After that... I have no idea. And neither do our governments. Doesn't it just make you want to dance and sing?

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It aint gonna happen. It's political suicide for Obama-lama so even if it was in our best interest (and I sure as **** dont think it is) it wouldnt happen.

Comment

It was hilarious listening to Our Pres trying to explain/justify it and why it was different then all the other **** holes run by dictators trying to off their population.
              Even more funny listening to the Obama kissing supporters (the ones that were all over Bush on his wars) complaining that Repugs making fun of this war only support wars started by Repug presidents.

But I do have to give Hilary some credit. She sounded half way decent defending it on meet the press last weekend.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

On second thought, it's possible that the French might send the Legionaires. After all they haven't had any really good debacles since Indochine, so they're due. The TV networks can start replaying various versions of Beau Geste in support of the action.

Comment

Hmm, I want to change my vote to eventually we stop babysitting eastern Libya and Gadaffi crushes the rebels.

Comment

Originally posted by germanos View Post
                    Perhaps Mugabe will invite Moammar over. Poor Zimbabwe.
                    Colonel Mengistu (the former leader of Ethiopa who overthrew Emperor Haille Selassie II and installed a Sovet leaning dictatorship) has sanctuary in Zimbabwe. He's wanted by the Ethiopians for some rabid dictator stuff such as massacres and so forth.

Comment

I'm hesitant to give anything in this thread 5 stars... good thing I already rated it before realizing that fact!

Comment

Inspired by your example I too have rated this thread. I have given it a one star rating, stupid OP, stupid poll, stupid thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                          On second thought, it's possible that the French might send the Legionaires. After all they haven't had any really good debacles since Indochine, so they're due. The TV networks can start replaying various versions of Beau Geste in support of the action.
                          Hmmm... I seem to remember a not so glorious adventure of the US in Indochine like 5 years after the Frenchies were kicked out.

So what does this imply for your armed forces: worthless and dumb ?
                          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                            Hmmm... I seem to remember a not so glorious adventure of the US in Indochine like 5 years after the Frenchies were kicked out.

So what does this imply for your armed forces: worthless and dumb ?
                            I dont know if this is a strawman, a problem with the english language, or some type of mental abberation. In any case, it seems to bear no relation to my 'tongue in cheek' statement.

Comment

Working...
                            X