Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the very wealthy paying their share?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
    An example article on how to avoid tax without moving your business in any real sense. Although I am loathe to use the Mail (so please ignore the emotiveness of it). And some of it's assertions are wrong, but you get the idea.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-millions.html
    sa;dflkas;flsdflj;asd

It drives me nuts when people talk about how "businesses" or "corporations" are being benefited at the expense of "people"; where do they think corporate money actually goes? Into sending the corporation to an expensive luxury resort?

as;dlkfjas;ldjkfa;jsd

Comment

• When in Opposition, the then Shadow Chancellor George Osborne muttered privately that if the Tories got into power, he intended to tackle the issue of companies reducing their tax bills by taking on big debts and using interest payments to reduce their declared income. But now, the tune has changed.

This month, the Treasury published what Osborne described as ‘the most significant programme of corporate tax reform for a generation’. And yet it explicitly ruled out the idea of *limiting any company’s ability to *offset debt interest payments against taxable income.

This was a key concession to big business. The head of tax policy at a leading accountancy firm says companies ‘will be breathing a collective sigh of relief’.

THEY CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THIS DUMB, CAN THEY?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
        Sure, people have ways of avoiding some or all of the tax. None of those are arguments for the tax, which I claimed (in #277) as an anti-growth policy.
        Well of course no. Tthey are explanations of how disparate tax regimes can screw over tax authorities in developed and developing countries.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

sa;dflkas;flsdflj;asd

It drives me nuts when people talk about how "businesses" or "corporations" are being benefited at the expense of "people"; where do they think corporate money actually goes? Into sending the corporation to an expensive luxury resort?

as;dlkfjas;ldjkfa;jsd
          They are shorthand for people with capital to invest and people who have to work for money.

Comment

• Given that the majority of corporate taxes are paid by groups other than investors, it is a poor shorthand.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

sa;dflkas;flsdflj;asd

as;dlkfjas;ldjkfa;jsd
              To be fair, yes -- much of the corporate money goes to offshore accounts in areas with many expensive luxury resorts.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                Given that the majority of corporate taxes are paid by groups other than investors, it is a poor shorthand.
                The Daily Mail doesn't let the truth get in the way of a good (or even bad) story.

Comment

• I can't remember what the daily mail's slant is. Is it the xenophobic tabloid?
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Xenophobic yes, but not racist. They dislike all foreigners equally.

This page does is a good generato of random headlines that could appear in the paper.

HAS THE LOONY LEFT HAD SEX WITH TAXPAYERS?
                    WILL BRUSSELS BUREAUCRATS DEFRAUD DRIVERS?
                    HAVE PAEDOPHILES MADE THE ROYAL FAMILY OBESE?
                    WILL DUMBING-DOWN DESTROY PROPERTY PRICES?

I'm also quite sure this has been posted on here before.

Comment

• Thomas Leopold, 42, a college principal, absconded days before his trial after having large doses of radiotherapy treatment for a thyroid condition.

"'Radioactive' paedophile suspect on the run after skipping court"

Comment

• Wasn't sure if that was real or fake...
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                        X