Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's decrease or even elminate corporate subsidies to lower government deficit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    57(?) years old and it sounds like he makes 100-120k a year. Most people in that position haven't saved enough for retirement yet (unless they're government workers on ridiculously generous defined benefit plans)...
    What the **** lifestyle does rah live if he's 57 and making over $100K a year and doesn't have a boatload saved up? I can't even fathom what he's spending all that money on.

It's the people who never made more than $35K/year in their lives who are going to be screwed with the end of SS, not people like rah who should have a crapload if they lived a reasonably frugal lifestyle.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I imagine he does have a fair amount, though maybe not as much as he would like, but really $100,000 isn't that much. A mortgage, a car payment or two, and a kid or two in college and most of that is eaten up.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
        I imagine he does have a fair amount, though maybe not as much as he would like, but really $100,000 isn't that much. A mortgage, a car payment or two, and a kid or two in college and most of that is eaten up.
        Considering how many Americans live on a few dollars a day, how much do you really need?

And is this $100K figure for rah's household or just him? If his wife is earning money too beyond that, then what the ****?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Remember rah once owned part of Apolyton. If that's any indication of his investment strategies we can safely assume he lost everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
            Remember rah once owned part of Apolyton. If that's any indication of his investment strategies we can safely assume he lost everything.
            ah yes... that was during my hiatus from this site.

Comment

Remember rah once owned part of Apolyton. If that's any indication of his investment strategies we can safely assume he lost everything.

With the depressed interest rates and longer lives, you need a lot more money to retire then you used too. A mil just doesn't cut it anymore . And yes, educating the next generation has been expensive. I had originally planned to have already retired, but things change. Another 5 or 6 years I suppose. I don't need to live too high on the hog, but I have no intention of retiring to a trailer park.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• u could always retire 2 a third world country. i hear its really nice

Comment

u could always retire 2 a third world country. i hear its really nice

Better a pauper in NYC than a prince in the Philippines

Comment

• Either is better than Philly...

Comment

• Yes, Philly is not an option. (and it never was)
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X