Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be in the US March 8-18th (New York & Atlanta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
    Will you be wearing a wife-beater?
    Don't get it.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Darius vs Doc
      "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Had beer with KH and his lovely wife last night. Cool people
        Thanks for the (many) beers KH, and I especially appreciate it that you were drinking with me in the middle of the work week :d:

Comment

How many random NY women gave him their number?

How many Americans did he get to sing Oh Canada?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Back!

I'm now finally back in the old country.

USA was great. I mean, I expected it to be great (I've seen the movies),
            but it surpassed my expectations in every regard. There have been a few
            glitches along my way but the only thing I'm really sorry about is the fact
            that I was not able to buy an Ipad 2. They're sold out even in Apple's big
            New York store.

Regarding the more important stuff, all went smooth. I met a lot of interesting
            people, learned new ideas (I know it sounds like a cliche but it's true), and,
            having slept through two days of jet-lag, I feel generally rested and ready to
            kick butt again.

USA
            Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
              Well, here I am in some cheap hotel in Alabama... so all is good . I'm tipping 20 pct when I have to tip. Back home 10 pct would have sufficed, but when in Rome...

Bumping the thread to see if someone else is interested in beer in NY next week. A site as big, old and influential as Apolyton has only one poster in New York? How come there are like five in London, and it's smaller...
              Yeah it's weird. There's a boatload of Chicagoans here but not a single person from LA either.

Five of the six biggest US cities (NYC, LA, Houston, Phoenix, and Philly) have combined me, Gepap, and KH (is anyone from Houston or Phoenix? I know no one's from LA) yet Chicago which is in the top six has a bunch.
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; March 21, 2011, 21:24.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
              X