Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll be in the US March 8-18th (New York & Atlanta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    So, you get off on the thought of a NY Bartender wrestling with KH's groin?

You said wrestle.

What are you not telling us?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

He's got a gigantic penis.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

It's a cross I bear silently.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I did not take you to be one to kiss and tell.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            It's a cross I bear silently.
            Oh yeah, not only does he have a gigantic penis, but it's in the shape of a cross.

Every time he has an erection he fears someone will crucify him on his own member.
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

And on that note, g'night.

Try the fish.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Remnants of my Jesuit education. I was touched by a priest when I was 12, and the next morning I woke up to discover the metamorphosis.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Hoist by your own petard.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Note that how much to tip is different for different people.

For a while I always did over 20% (unless service was abysmal).

I have friends who stick to 15%, pretty much.

My grandfather sticks to 10%, pretty much.

It often will pay to tip well the bartender, even if you get your drinks yourself. This is especially true for drinks (not beer). If you are tipping, often they are a bit 'generous' (sometimes double instead of a single/etc).

I can't count the number of times I have gotten free drinks/beers too, but I am suspicious that this is at least partly due to my memory/the sort of occasions when I got free drinks.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well, here I am in some cheap hotel in Alabama... so all is good . I'm tipping 20 pct when I have to tip. Back home 10 pct would have sufficed, but when in Rome...

Bumping the thread to see if someone else is interested in beer in NY next week. A site as big, old and influential as Apolyton has only one poster in New York? How come there are like five in London, and it's smaller...

Comment

will pm you my cell now
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                          Note that how much to tip is different for different people.
                          Indeed. I usually tip 25-30% unless service sucks, and that amount can definitely help with bartenders.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                            will pm you my cell now

Will you be wearing a wife-beater?
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

No, but he'll be asking Ben for directions over you.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                                Well, here I am in some cheap hotel in Alabama... so all is good . I'm tipping 20 pct when I have to tip. Back home 10 pct would have sufficed, but when in Rome...

Bumping the thread to see if someone else is interested in beer in NY next week. A site as big, old and influential as Apolyton has only one poster in New York? How come there are like five in London, and it's smaller...
                                You may be lost. Alabama is not on the travel route between NY and ATL.
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X