The second Iraq War was not a very good idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The second Iraq War was not a very good idea

Taking over-under bets on how long it will take Slowwhand to post in this thread, presumably without having read this post. I'm going with under 30 minutes.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

I'll bet he'll either mention me or Drake.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Now that democracy is spreading across the middle east it is certainly starting to seem like that is the case.

Comment

Nah, all the bad guys got themselves killed in Iraq which has allowed this democracy movement to go forward without the terrorists screwing things up.
        "

Comment

Actually in all seriousness, this does bring up something interesting... the Arab world wasn't all that up in arms about the US in Iraq. Yeah there were criticisms and protests and a small number of people crossed borders to fight but if the Arab populace is capable of the upheaval they are currently having, they could have responded to the US in Iraq with a lot more energy, which didn't happen. Interesting.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

2nd Iraq war?

1st one: Iraq / Iran
            2nd one: UN liberates Kuwait from Iraq
            3rd one: US/UK invades Iraq

UN liberation of Kuwait was not a good idea?
            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
              2nd Iraq war?

1st one: Iraq / Iran
              2nd one: UN liberates Kuwait from Iraq
              3rd one: US/UK invades Iraq

UN liberation of Kuwait was not a good idea?

Obviously I meant that the Caliph should have surrendered to the Mongols

Comment

Yay, Loin is back! For now!
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Well loinburger it really depends who you are asking for that question. I am sure the war was good for some people and not others. You should be more specific.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post

Obviously I meant that the Caliph should have surrendered to the Mongols
                    You should be happy that he obvious did read the OP and responded in kind
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Actually in all seriousness, this does bring up something interesting... the Arab world wasn't all that up in arms about the US in Iraq. Yeah there were criticisms and protests and a small number of people crossed borders to fight but if the Arab populace is capable of the upheaval they are currently having, they could have responded to the US in Iraq with a lot more energy, which didn't happen. Interesting.
                      It's almost as if people care more about dictators and bad conditions in their own country than an occupation of a neighboring country. Maybe there isn't much pan-arab sentiment these days.

Or, maybe they figured that if they can't even kick a few jews out of the middle east, trying to kick out Americans would be a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                        Taking over-under bets on how long it will take Slowwhand to post in this thread, presumably without having read this post. I'm going with under 30 minutes.

And you lose, Twinkie.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post

And you lose, Twinkie.
                          This isn't Craigslist you dirty old man

Comment

"Filthy old Texan looking for lots and lots of twinks"

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                              Or, maybe they figured that if they can't even kick a few jews out of the middle east, trying to kick out Americans would be a waste of time.
                              Could you please explain the logic behind this ? I mean, you're right, they couldn't kick out the jews, but the Vietnamese did kick out the yanks, so there is precedence for doing that again.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X