No announcement yet.

Religion: Real or fake, the poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you look at Rah's comment in reference to the post he quoted, his meaning seems quite clear. Lorizael
    was calling atheists stupid for their opinions. All Rah is saying is that since there is a total lack of proof that there is a god, maybe those that believe without any proof should be careful about calling those that don't believe stupid... since their position is much weaker.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Yes, I get that, but both Lori's post and Rah's response specified that the existence, not the goodness, of God was in question. I'd just like him to clarify what he means by "If I look at your definition of God and claim that I think that it's an EVIL god so I can't believe in it, to me god doesn't exist." I'm not looking for a fight or anything here, I'm genuinely not understanding what he's saying. Does he mean that he can't believe that an omnipotent God would be evil, or that the Judeo-Christian God of the Bible doesn't fit the given description of benevolence and is therefore contradictory? Or something else entirely?
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Indeed. Rah is saying, by his post, the argument that God is evil is an argument that God doesn't exist. When an evil God disproves the notion of his non-existence.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes, to me I can't believe in an evil god. God must be good or he's not my God. And since there's no proof that god exists it all comes down to belief/faith. IF I don't believe, he doesn't exist. He only exists to believers because they believe. To be called stupid for thinking that way by someone that claims God exists based on faith seems a bit absurd to me.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Believing in an Evil God would be stupid, might as well select one of the nice ones instead.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Not so - if you worship Evil God then you get to sit in heaven for all eternity watching the sinners get tortured in hell. If you worship Good God then nobody gets tortured and what's the fun in that.
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• An inability to believe that an evil god can exist is a lack of imagination and nothing more.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Somehow I don't think believing in God is the benchmark for being considered to having imagination.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I didn't say it was, and I don't believe in god, and that's a terrible sentence. You're awful at everything. How did you ever get past elementary school?
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                      I didn't say it was, and I don't believe in god, and that's a terrible sentence. You're awful at everything. How did you ever get past elementary school?
                      You can always tell who is losing the argument... the one who resorts to personal insults
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        An inability to believe that an evil god can exist is a lack of imagination and nothing more.
                        Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                        I didn't say it was
                        It certainly sounded like you did. Claiming I'm awful at everything, and questioning how did I ever get past elementary school because of one rough post on the internet doesn't help your argument. It just makes you look like a pompous ASS.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• I know you guys are twins, but do you both have to be awful at reading comprehension and logic? ****ing christ.

Comment

• Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                            Not so - if you worship Evil God then you get to sit in heaven for all eternity watching the sinners get tortured in hell. If you worship Good God then nobody gets tortured and what's the fun in that.
                            You can't trust Evil God!!!
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Here it is, folks:

Because gods are by definition supernatural, you cannot apply logic to the question of their existence. Because you cannot apply logic to the question of their existence, the seeming irrationality of an evil god is inconsequential. Therefore, an evil god can exist.

Note that I didn't say that an evil god does exist, or that any god exists, or that the existence of any god can be proven, or that all atheists are stupid (only ones who attempt to use the seeming irrationality of an evil god as proof against the existence of gods).

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                                You can't trust Evil God!!!
                                You can't trust Good God either (how do you know he's good? did you give him a polygraph or something?), but at least with Evil God there might be an enjoyable afterlife in it for you.
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X