No announcement yet.

Judgement Day: May 21st, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He seems like a decent preacher, just very wrong (in a damaging way) in this situation.

JM
    (This is based off reading a couple blurbs about him.)
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• "

Comment

• BTW, he thinks homosexuality is a worse sin than murder.

Thus in Romans 1:24 and 1:26 God is declaring that God
        planned to deliver up the world to gross homosexual and lesbian
        activity.
        How strange! Why would God do this? Insofar as we can
        know God has normally restrained this particular sin. Lying,
        stealing, adultery, hatred, and murder are sins that are common
        throughout the world’s history. But the sin of homosexuality that
        was going on so greatly and so publicly in Sodom at the time it
        was destroyed has normally been kept hidden because of its
        shame.
        We have already called attention to this conclusion as we
        view the history of the United States.
        http://www.familyradio.com/PDFS/gay_pride.pdf
        "

Comment

• Well, OK, two negative things.

Still overall (for a media pastor) decent (if you aren't homosexual).

Except he doesn't actually say it was worse then murder? I am confused. A pastor saying that homosexuality is a sin is assuredly nothing wrong?

JM
          Last edited by Jon Miller; May 22, 2011, 18:11.
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• What aren't you getting about that passage? Homosexuality was kept in the dark by God throughtout most of history because of its shame, while things like lying and murder and theft were allowed to run rampant.
            "

Comment

• More shameful doesn't mean worse.

And you wouldn't be so inflammatory if you said 'pastor says "homosexuality worse than lying"'.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                More shameful doesn't mean worse.
                Yes it does.
                "

Comment

• Err, no.

For example, (as a kid) wetting your pants might be very shameful. But stealing from the local store or bullying would be undoubtedly worse.

You are ridiculous.

I consider bestiality much more shameful then murder. Doesn't make bestiality worse then murder.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

• You're using the wrong definition. He's using the word "shame" to mean "disgraceful" or "sinful", not because it makes you blush, embarrassed, or feel bad.
                    "

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      Do they let you rent guns?
                      There's a range in Chantilly that has rentals afaik.
                      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; May 25, 2011, 19:22.
                        Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          There were over 50 kids accepted to Virginia Tech from my high school and I've never heard any of them call it "VPI".

I don't seem to recall gun control laws getting any stricter here after the shootings. As I recall, if you're over 21 you can just buy a pistol over the counter, no hassle. I think you just need a driver's license and you can't buy more than one a month.

Everything other than hanguns I think is over 18, drivers license, and no restrictions on number per month.
                          That is frankly disgusting. A background check should be done. Buying firearms should never be so blase.

I'm all for Second Amendment rights but when I hear you can just go to a store, flash your driver's license or state ID, and walk out with a glock... there's a problem. It shouldn't be that easy.
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I think background checks are federally mandated and that HC doesn't have any guns but is passing on grapevine misinformation.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                              I think background checks are federally mandated and that HC doesn't have any guns but is passing on grapevine misinformation.
                              Yeah I just checked. Background checks are federally mandated.

There are loopholes, however, such as:
                              the so-called "gun show loophole" that permits buyers to purchase weapons from private "occasional" sellers without background checks.

It's amusing. Between things like this and .22's being the weapon of choice for deer hunting, HC is full of ****. I think he just wants to seem familiar about guns because he thinks its cool. He's sort of like a teenager taking pictures on myspace holding a pistol.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                                A pastor saying that homosexuality is a sin is assuredly nothing wrong?
                                It certainly should be viewed as something wrong. Hateful bigotry shouldn't get a pass just because it's practiced in the name of someone's religion.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X