No announcement yet.

Sex ban suggested for Belgian coalition negotiators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best beer in the world though. We need it!
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

There's an awesome place in Anvers (Sorry!), called Kulminator, which actually does bottles of beer by vintages...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

In Gent you have quite a few gems as well...

Comment

Yeah, been there too. Gent is my favourite city in Belgium. Sort of like a mish-mash of the best in Belgium.

Comment

Maybe the negotiations will speed up if the ban 'Trappist' .
            "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
            "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Silence you!

I am a diver and will start digging in your dike.

Comment

Then he'll need more than just a finger to plug it...

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                  I guess you and Germanos aren't Wallonian then...
                  Maybe I should come back on this forum to speak for belgian francophones...
                  (I don't really want to, but as there is no one else...)
                  The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Yes, like we seriously are talking politic **** here.

Or do you too feel the need to piss on the grave of a dead woman who leaves two little kids behind?

Comment

Thanks for this warm welcome back, Dan.
                      I wish you a happy day too.
                      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

You reap what you sow.

We weren't even seriously discussing politics and you already feel the need to ride to the defence of those poor belgian french speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                          You reap what you sow.

We weren't even seriously discussing politics and you already feel the need to ride to the defence of those poor belgian french speakers.
                          Let me look back at the sequence of events

You wrote:
                          Because of 2 Wallonian *****es actually

Germanos wrote:
                          The Wallon want to screw over Flanders

And only then I reacted:
                          Maybe I should come back on this forum to speak for belgian francophones.
                          Notice, I didn't even start to write anything in their defense.

Finally, you wrote:
                          Or do you too feel the need to piss on the grave of a dead woman who leaves two little kids behind?

and
                          you already feel the need to ride to the defence of those poor belgian french speakers.

Yes, I know, to even mention our existence (what I merely did by my initial post) is already an offense to your Flemish sensitivity.
                          So, I really apologize thus for simply existing.
                          I acknowledge, only Flemish speaking people should be allowed to post on this forum.
                          I also acknowledge, that while many Flemish really believe that "2 Wallonian *****es" or "The Wallon want to screw over Flanders" is true, at the very same time these declarations are "not serious politic discussion".
                          And of course, that "Maybe I should come back on this forum" is clear, inexcusable offense and automatically puts me in the same category as people wanting to "piss on the grave of a dead people".
                          I clearly reaped what I sowed... how arrogant of me.

More seriously, because I have the feeling this will degenerate, you have put intentions in my head that I don't have.
                          Of course, I want to present a different perspective of the events, and of course the constant bashing of walloons who have all wrongs pisses me off some times. But at the same time if we keep insulting each other, we won't go very far.
                          I thought this topic was light enough to jump in (again) on this forum.
                          I was kind of disappointed that simply coming here (ok, I forgot the winking smileys) would trigger what I perceived as a very aggressive reaction from you.

Comment

Dude, note the fact that I did put a wink behind my comment which you conveniently omitted (I of course hinted at the homosexiality of Mr Di Rupo with which I have absolutely zero problems BTW). I did not make a single negative comment on the Walloons in this thread until you showed up and needed to defend your "cause".

My aggressive reaction was triggered by the fact that I have more than enough of the entire victim complex of the Walloons while in thruth, you have done nothing but give us the finger for the past 15 years. It is nothing unreasonable that the majority of Flemish people ask for: be responsible with the resources you have at your disposal.

Comment

Ok, I hear your opinion and I think I understand your feelings.
                              As you put it, this is not a serious political topic, so I will not argue against, but just mention that I of course do not share your view.
                              So, this will be my last 'serious' post on it, if I post again here, it will be to be back on the opening post.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Dry, I responded to the ridiculous sex-ban that was proposed. In order to ridicule it I posted about the Wallonian ***** who (if my memory serves me correctly) handled the first round of negotiations on the Wallon side. It was sarcasm and ridicule, directed at the stupid woman that should bash the men in her own party (if she feels it their fault) and take responsibility instead of shoving it all on the male chauvinistic pigs. If it had been a Flemish woman that negotiated I would have written Flemish *****. It was directed to the proposterous idea that the negotiations failed because it was handled by men only, which I think is besides the truth.

My second remark on 'screwing over' is again born out of the fact (again: if my memory serves me correct) that the female negotiator was Wallonian and the (probably poor) pun that for screwing over one needs a dick.

Thirdly, since you (quote: ) "didn't want to" [speak for the francophones], I didn't respond to you in the first place, even though I'm actually interested in the politics, well-being and welfare of my neighbours. That you CHOOSE not to participate is your own doing.

Have a nice day too.
                                Last edited by germanos; February 15, 2011, 08:43.
                                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X