No announcement yet.

Poker skills off the table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work politics can be a fun game. It's only the people who don't know how to play it that are bitter.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What the hell? What is the point of this thread? Really, this happened to you and you were all thinking to yourself "Oh man! I got to post this on Apolyton! It's like a string bet in poker but in real life! I can't wait to see what these chumps at Apolyton have to say about it. It'll probably go over some of their dimwitted heads though."

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It's certainly much harder to pull off than OCS.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Oh, I just remembered. I walked into my boss' office yesterday and accidentally discovered she was asleep. She woke up and apologized, and I told her not to worry about it. I could totally use this to climb the corporate ladder, couldn't I?
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Are you subtly saying you slept with her?

If so, yes.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph no.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

We're asking if you did, not about other people.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  Jesus, Mary, and Joseph no.
                  But what about her?

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
                    We're asking if you did, not about other people.
                    I'm going to pretend this was not there prior to my comment.

Comment

I guess the thing to be proud about is the subtlety of the manuever. I negotiated a nice raise last year after matter of factly stating I was looking at other, higher paying jobs.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I've seen this tactic backfire and the person get fired.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          True. Being irreplaceable tends to work better than saying you are.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If you are irreplacable, you won't get promoted from your irreplacable position.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              That probably happens more in minimum wage job. In my field, it costs a lot to bring someone new on to a team.

I got a huge raise in my first year at my first job, because I didn't like it too much and I was open about how I was being treated, etc. The client really liked me and didn't want to train someone new, so they threw money at me to get me to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                                If you are irreplacable, you won't get promoted from your irreplacable position.
                                That's why you move companies to get promoted.

This is especially true in KH's world.

Comment

Working...
                                X