Yasi - Be scared, very scared of this storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
    Nature's revenge for the Aussies (QLDers being the worst offenders) voting down Kevin Rudd's climate change bill...
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

http://www.wales-underground.org.uk/pit/geology.shtml
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

But you didn't actually lift a finger to stop it. Even if it was signing a petition, or arguing in this forum against his death.

Sounds like you were okay with Saddam's death to me.

What a hypocrite.
      Of course I was okay with Saddam's death. As I've said on more than one occasion, I'm thoroughly amoral. You, on the other hand, are not amoral. You actually have principles you believe in. Except when bad things happen to people you don't like. Then, it's okay because it makes you feel good about yourself.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue View Post
        People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

http://www.wales-underground.org.uk/pit/geology.shtml
        Is that the best you can come up with ?
        "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Seriously, it is very difficult to have sympathy with people who have been warned repeatedly about something and still choose not to listen. :shrug:

Not to mention the fact that these are people that, as a nation, are hellbent on ****ing up the planet. The fact that there are less of them and that those that survive might actually stop and think about the ****ed up policies of their country can only be a good thing.

I lived their for about 8 months, I witnessed a lot of their ****ed up attitudes first hand...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Well, you seem to be okay with being a sick freak who gets off on other people's misery, so I guess I don't have anything else to add.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

For something to be a punishment, it has to be a direct result of an action taken. So from that I am going to assume MOBIUS meant that Australia is getting hit with hurricanes because of their global warming policy.

Obvious things like the fact that Australia isn't the only contributor to CO2 levels aside, the idea that this hurricane has anything to do with global warming is a hilarious example of reverse science (also known as religion). When you've reached a conclusion, everything and anything looks like evidence.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Lori is taking exception with me that people have died and the destruction of their property.

The authorities and the people were warned about the impending floods well in advance. They had ample opportunity to leave the advancing waters and survive. There is also a report of at least one entire township being able to sandbag itself and divert the waters. There was a massive flood in 1974 which basically took the same path as the one the other month, so living in that area was a known risk in the first place. The list goes on...

So yeah, dying from the floods was a direct result of not getting the **** out of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                  Well, you seem to be okay with being a sick freak who gets off on other people's misery, so I guess I don't have anything else to add.
                  Hang on, wasn't it you who was the one who admitted to being amoral...?

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                    Is that the best you can come up with ?
                    http://popups.ulg.ac.be/Geol/docannexe.php?id=1467

Perhaps a different quote is appropriate. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Your's and Mobius' responses are a classic example of Fashionable Environmentalism currently popular in Europe. Rather than admit your own mistakes over the last few centuries, you throw blame onto everyone else.
                    Last edited by Qilue; February 2, 2011, 12:59.
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Lori is taking exception with me that people have died and the destruction of their property.

The authorities and the people were warned about the impending floods well in advance. They had ample opportunity to leave the advancing waters and survive. There is also a report of at least one entire township being able to sandbag itself and divert the waters. There was a massive flood in 1974 which basically took the same path as the one the other month, so living in that area was a known risk in the first place. The list goes on...

So yeah, dying from the floods was a direct result of not getting the **** out of the way!
                      Obviously you've never been involved in an attempted evacuation of any kind. Just more of the typical trash talk.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Dude, does historical perspective means anything to you ? The Dutch closed their mines even before the declaration of Rome. At that point we didn't have a clue about our potential impact on our climate. And of course, try to see my comment in connection with your reply to MOBIUS' demarche.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Obviously you've never been involved in an attempted evacuation of any kind. Just more of the typical trash talk.
                            I remember being in a hurry to leave Texas when I was there - would that count as a successful evacuation?

Comment

Hang on, wasn't it you who was the one who admitted to being amoral...?
                              Yes, I'm amoral and you're a sick freak who gets off on misery. Other people's misery has no effect on me one way or the other. Amoral != immoral.

Comment

"Amoral != immoral"

Well played !

Comment

Working...
                                X