Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christians have poor taste in ice cream.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christians have poor taste in ice cream.

I have a devoutly Christian friend who only eats vanilla ice cream. She won't have any other flavors, and she doesn't like sprinkles or syrup or anything else. Is this some puritanical "pleasure is bad" thing or latent racism or what? Why do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream?
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Let's see if you get the torrential rain of insults that I would get from far less stupid statements.

Why do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream? Really?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well, he already got one bite from you, and that's something. I guess he's really bored.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Let's see if you get the torrential rain of insults that I would get from far less stupid statements.

Why do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream? Really?
        It was a question not a statement. Learn some grammar.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
          It was a question not a statement. Learn some grammar.
          Why do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream? But they don't so the question isn't meaningful.

It was a loaded question that presupposes that Christians eat only vanilla ice cream. You didn't ask "Do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream?" you assumed that they do and then asked why.

A loaded question like that is de facto a statement; it expresses your assumption that Christians only eat vanilla ice cream.

Learn some ****ing sense
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I have a devoutly Christian friend who only eats vanilla ice cream. She won't have any other flavors, and she doesn't like sprinkles or syrup or anything else. Is this some puritanical "pleasure is bad" thing or latent racism or what? Why do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream?
            Probably the "pleasure is bad" thing. Christians seem to love suffering. I don't get it either.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              Probably the "pleasure is bad" thing. Christians seem to love suffering. I don't get it either.
              How is preferring vanilla ice cream a pleasure is bad thing? Does vanilla ice cream not taste good or something? It tastes as good to me as about anything else.

Honestly, you add syrups and jimmies or anything else and you start getting a little too sickly sweet.

Comment

Why do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream?
                Why are you asking me?

But they don't so the question isn't meaningful.
                Who's they? And what aren't they doing?

It was a loaded question that presupposes that Christians eat only vanilla ice cream. You didn't ask "Do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream?" you assumed that they do and then asked why.
                Do you have any evidence that they eat other kinds of ice cream?

A loaded question like that is de facto a statement; it expresses your assumption that Christians only eat vanilla ice cream.
                Now you're putting words in my mouth! My only statement was that they have poor taste in ice cream!

Learn some ****ing sense
                Flipping around the insult I used on you? Learn some ****ing creativity.

Comment

How is preferring vanilla ice cream a pleasure is bad thing? Does vanilla ice cream not taste good or something? It tastes as good to me as about anything else.

Honestly, you add syrups and jimmies or anything else and you start getting a little too sickly sweet.
                  You hate spicy things, you hate sweet things, what don't you hate?

Comment

This thread says a lot. Why are Philadelphians bad at arguing?

Comment

Why are you asking me?
                      I'm not. I was repeating your question.

Who's they? And what aren't they doing?
                      They are Christians. They aren't only eating vanilla ice cream. That is to say, there exist Christian people who eat other flavors of ice cream that are not vanilla.

Do you have any evidence that they eat other kinds of ice cream?
                      Here's a nun eating some strawberry mixed with vanilla and I guess chocolate.

The internet is funny how easy it was to find that picture.

Now you're putting words in my mouth! My only statement was that they have poor taste in ice cream!
                      So now choosing vanilla demonstrates poor taste in ice cream?

How does "Why do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream?" not presuppose that Christians only eat vanilla ice cream?

It is a loaded question. If I ask you, "Do you still beat your wife?" I am assuming you have at one point beat your wife. If you in fact have never beat your wife, you can not accurately answer that question with a yes or no answer (yes, I still beat my wife would be inaccurate; no, I do not still beat my wife would be inaccurate because it implies that you once did).

Such does your question presuppose that Christians only eat vanilla ice cream.

Now you are also stating that you implied that preferring vanilla demonstrated poor taste by whoever's standard.

Comment

1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          You hate spicy things, you hate sweet things, what don't you hate?
                          Spicy food gives me pain. It burns my tongue and throat. It feels like fire. It can make me sweat. I don't find pain pleasurable so I avoid spicy food.

Sweet things? I don't hate sweet things at all but people ought to consume them with some more moderation and pursue more beneficial sweets like fruit over pastries and candies.

Comment

I'm not. I was repeating your question.
                            Is that the best you can do?

Here's a nun eating some strawberry mixed with vanilla and I guess chocolate.
                            That is clearly a man and so not a nun. Why would you lie about a thing like that?

So now choosing vanilla demonstrates poor taste in ice cream?
                            Yes, because it's the worst flavor.

How does "Why do Christians only eat vanilla ice cream?" not presuppose that Christians only eat vanilla ice cream?
                            It's a why question which means it's metaphysical which means I'm not presupposing anything.

It is a loaded question. If I ask you, "Do you still beat your wife?" I am assuming you have at one point beat your wife. If you in fact have never beat your wife, you can not accurately answer that question with a yes or no answer (yes, I still beat my wife would be inaccurate; no, I do not still beat my wife would be inaccurate because it implies that you once did).
                            Do NOT bring my wife into this. I am about three (3) seconds from reporting this post.

Comment

Epic strawman, I don't remember anyone saying all Christians eat only vanilla, just a statement that their taste in ice cream is poor and a question about what causes Christians to only eat vanilla.

Comment

Working...
                              X