If a can of tomato paste is 3 years expired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onodera View Post
    No, ketchup is tomato sauce. You use sauces as a condiment.
    Tomato paste is used when you don't have affordable fresh tomatoes for a recipe that requires them in puréed form, like a stew or a chilli... or a tomato sauce.
    Maybe in Soviet Russia.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      If I go that route, I use Rotel.
      This is the most texas product ever. Nobody outside of texas uses it.
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        Chili has tomato in some way. I'd rather use paste than stewed tomatoes. They make me gag.
        http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2009/02/more-precise-texas-chili-recipe.html

No tomatoes. From Texas? Que Pasa mi Amigo?

Comment

In Europe we have something better. Sambal badjak. Sambal goreng. And sambal oelek (especially).

Comment

I remember these ***MAGNIFICENT*** Texan BBQ videos. Let's see if I can find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
              In Europe we have something better. Sambal badjak. Sambal goreng. And sambal oelek (especially).
              This is not native to europe and we have it in the states too.

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa getting horny now

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                  This is not native to europe and we have it in the states too.
                  it is and it isn't. the dutch brought it to europe, and the dutch brought it to the states. it's part of the indo-dutch cuisine.

Comment

Umh.

Albie opening a can of tomato paste has prompted a 68 post thread.

Discuss.

Comment

It's got nothing on Oerdin ordering a pizza

Comment

I wasn't aware Oerdin ordered a pizza, but I do know he is buying a washing machine. Or maybe he's bought it by now and just didn't tell us.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                          It's got nothing on Oerdin ordering a pizza
                          Is that thread in the archive?

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                            No, ketchup is tomato sauce. You use sauces as a condiment.
                            Tomato paste is used when you don't have affordable fresh tomatoes for a recipe that requires them in puréed form, like a stew or a chilli... or a tomato sauce.
                            Nope. Paste is a flavor intensifier. You try to get the same flavor from fresh tomatoes, you'll be cooking it down all day and still not quite get it.

Thanks to "guest" for bringing this to my attention. I know it's old, and I don't care.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Hopefully Albert can now afford to eat better food than expired tomato paste.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hopefully posting gets better so I don't have to bump two year old tomato paste threads.
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X