Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Canada more civilized than the USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have sexy women & funny men. And when a Justin Bieber comes along, we send him to the US.
    There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Clearly it comes from your love of the Queen.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I note that a Canadian has spelt civilised with a "z", an American spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by Braindead View Post
          I note that a Canadian has spelt civilised with a "z", an American spelling.
          Bad habit.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I am prone to that when using word. The software seems to change civilised to civilized.

It might be a conspiracy to Americanise (or should that be "ize") our spelling, subverting the Queen's English.

Comment

The queen is a worthless waste of taxpayer money that fortunately I don't have to pay.

What exactly does having a governor general and a bunch of useless lieutenant governors do for your country?
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                The queen is a worthless waste of taxpayer money that fortunately I don't have to pay.

What exactly does having a governor general and a bunch of useless lieutenant governors do for your country?
                Pretty much the same thing having a vice president does for yours...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Pretty much the same thing having a vice president does for yours...
                  Somebody to replace the Prime Minister if he dies?

I sure as hell HOPE that the Governor-General isn't second in line....

Comment

The queen is a worthless waste of taxpayer money ....
                    Splendid. I agree. However, most people here with rightist-conservative views such as yourself tend to support her (with more than just their taxes).

Comment

Somebody to replace the Prime Minister if he dies?

I sure as hell HOPE that the Governor-General isn't second in line....
                      Technically the GG is first in line.

It's mostly a ceremonial position and diplomatic position.

He also handles a few key decisions, like whether to call an election during a minority government.

Comment

FWIW, I think our GG is more qualified to be a leader than the US VP...

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                          Splendid. I agree. However, most people here with rightist-conservative views such as yourself tend to support her (with more than just their taxes).
                          Rightist conservative views in Britain are very different from rightist conservative views in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            FWIW, I think our GG is more qualified to be a leader than the US VP...
                            FWIW, I think you're wrong. And as for being ceremonial and diplomatic--that's what I mean by worthless. It still doesn't explain Lieutenant Governors. Why do provinces need someone to rubberstamp their parliament bills?

Comment

How can you call this civilized?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                                How can you call this civilized?

If you understood how the Hakapik works and the **** that happens with the seal overpopulation (which would certainly occur without the cull), you'd actually agree it is civilized.

Comment

Working...
                                X