Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the purpose of sport hunting and why isn't it illegal already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
    That sounds awesome. The deer are a huge problem here in Virginia, I wish we could hunt them year round like you can with the boars. If that were the case I'd probably buy a gun.
    I've seen a few articles over the years which say the number of hunters in the US has been declining for years so that game animal populations are increasing. I know even in the suburb I live in, which is edged by canyons, I see mule deer all the time but it costs so much to get a hunting license in this state few people buy one plus the rules are completely retarded. You pay $1000 to enter a lottery which might or might not get you a license because the number of licenses issued is so low and even if you get a license where you can hunt is completely random. So someone living here in San Diego might win a license to hunt one deer 800 miles away to the north while someone at the Oregon border might get a license to hunt a deer down here in San Diego. It's dumb and you can't even trade your license to the guy up north for his license down here as that would invalidate both of your licenses.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
      I've seen a few articles over the years which say the number of hunters in the US has been declining for years so that game animal populations are increasing. I know even in the suburb I live in, which is edged by canyons, I see mule deer all the time but it costs so much to get a hunting license in this state few people buy one plus the rules are completely retarded. You pay $1000 to enter a lottery which might or might not get you a license because the number of licenses issued is so low and even if you get a license where you can hunt is completely random. So someone living here in San Diego might win a license to hunt one deer 800 miles away to the north while someone at the Oregon border might get a license to hunt a deer down here in San Diego. It's dumb and you can't even trade your license to the guy up north for his license down here as that would invalidate both of your licenses.
      Red tape at it's best.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
        How about 777 in swedish ??? isn't it something like shryhundrdhrytyhry ???
        Yea, something like that. Sju hundra sjuttiosju. Sjunrasjuttisju if you say it quickly which you usually do.

It's sounds kinda funny I guess but that's probably because it's a long word (more or less). Say 999 in English quickly and it sounds like nanhanrenennaenan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kitschum View Post
          Yea, something like that. Sju hundra sjuttiosju. Sjunrasjuttisju if you say it quickly which you usually do.

It's sounds kinda funny I guess but that's probably because it's a long word (more or less). Say 999 in English quickly and it sounds like nanhanrenennaenan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            The thing that gets me is around the same time, there were two other NFL stars who had legal issues. Plaxico Burress shot himself in the leg with a gun that wasn't registered in NYC but in Florida and he is currently serving 2 years in prison; Donte Stallworth on the other hand, had a blood alcohol level of .12, above the federal .08 limit, was speeding at 50mph in a 40mph zone, and hit and killed a 59 year old construction worker, Mario Reyes... his sentence: 24 DAYS in prison.

Riddle me that one. Either killing dogs or having a handgun not registered in NYC gets you two years but DUI homicide gets you 24 days.
            Blame the states that prosecuted them. Vick's was a federal charge.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              I mean really? Why isn't this a cut and dry thing?

What does it do for you? Does it make your dick hard when you lay in ambush somewhere and shoot a deer with your $1000 high-powered rifle? Oh, such an exciting 'sport'
              Do you eat meat? Personally, providing people are eating what they hunt, I have no objection or have a legitimate reason such as population control or defence (of livestock, for example). But unnecessary cruelty should not be permitted.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• And what's really unfair, is that Vick is denied the opportunity to have a dog in the future but Ben Roethlisberger is allowed to have another girl friend.
                There is no justice.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                  And what's really unfair, is that Vick is denied the opportunity to have a dog in the future but Ben Roethlisberger is allowed to have another girl friend.
                  There is no justice.
                  It's cause Roethlisberger is white isn't it?
                  "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Well, since they're both quarterbacks in PA, that leaves just the white thing.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah View Post
                      Well, since they're both quarterbacks in PA, that leaves just the white thing.
                      To be fair, Mike Vick gave a woman herpes and his fiancee doesn't seem to mind so...
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                      X