X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Golden Globe Awards

The big winner? Ricky Gervais.

Comment

I'm still not sure who won the Gervais-Downey Jr. exchange. Gervais' crack about RDJ's past drug troubles was both overly mean and (even worse) lazy, but RDJ's hurt, judgmental response wasn't really appropriate for someone who seems so generally unflappable and went on to proposition all five best actress nominees. I think Downey Jr. probably will triumph in the court of public opinion, as he's a national treasure and everyone loves him, but there was no need for the decision to be this close.

Comment

Don't leave out Steve Carell's shove:

For real?
        Unbelievable!

Comment

No. It was clearly staged, like previous Gervais/Carell interactions at award shows.

Comment

Ah. I guess I need to watch more of these things. On second thought, nah. Gervais will never be back.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

Yes, the Golden Globes will act like Gervais was out-of-line for doing exactly what they asked him to do and delivering the highest ratings for the broadcast since 2007.

Comment

gervais > carell

Comment

No. Based on star power and earnings, Carell is quite clearly > Gervais.

Comment

so then britney spears is better then both of them. dont be stupid.

Comment

so then britney spears is better then both of them.

In general, yes. I thought we were comparing Carell and Gervais' worth as comedians/actors, however, where they both have a clear earnings advantage over Britney Spears.

Comment

It's funny isn't it how this Tupac Shakur joke never gets old?

Oh wait, it did...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

just cus carell have more money does not mean his a better "comedian/actor" then gervais. just means his better at makeing money. keanu reeves is hardly a better actor then anthony hopkins. his just better at beeing in movies that makes money.

Comment

just cus carell have more money does not mean his a better "comedian/actor" then gervais.

Of course it does.

just means his better at makeing money.

Yes, because more people want to watch his comedy/acting projects, making him the better comedian/actor.

keanu reeves is hardly a better actor then anthony hopkins. his just better at beeing in movies that makes money.

I wouldn't be too sure that Mr. Reeves has outgrossed Sir Anthony Hopkins.

edit: Total Box Office

Anthony Hopkins

US Gross - $1,848,157,349
                            Worldwide Gross - $3,509,001,319

Keanu Reeves

US Gross - $1,797,740,914
                            Worldwide Gross - $3,978,121,442

So, Hopkins is better than Reeves in the US, but Reeves is better globally. Also, the US is clearly more cultured than the rest of the world.
                            Last edited by Tupac Shakur; January 17, 2011, 18:34.

Comment

Carell vs Gervais isn't even close...

Steve Carell

US Gross - $1,617,419,373
                              Worldwide Gross - $2,926,785,858

Ricky Gervais

US Gross - $523,473,848
                              Worldwide Gross - $1,249,680,572

Comment

Working...
                              X