Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    But you're a straight hater, Asher.
    I think you need to justify this Albert Speer. I've seen that Asher hates rap from this thread, but to then accuse him of being a straight hater is one hell of a leap.

Must be those top-class debating skills coming out again
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think the Rock establishment got full of itself and defined rock out of existence.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It saddens me to admit it but Lady Gaga is better than rock and roll and rap combined

She is like a Spice Girl on steroids
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
          It saddens me to admit it but Lady Gaga is better than rock and roll and rap combined

She is like a Spice Girl on steroids
          How dare you!

Although mathematically, you may be correct. Let us say that Lady Gaga = 2 and Rock and Roll = 10. (C)rap just needs a negative score of = -9 and then Rock and Roll and Lady Gaga combined may well be less than Lady Gaga.

But this is probably me being overly anal.

I think Lady Gaga is wank as well, quite frankly.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I really went over this last page and a half, because honestly... Albie dissing other people on their musical tastes? And calling them racist because they don't like it? Mr. punk metal, I've-never-heard-of-Led-****ing-Zeppelin?
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
              How dare you!

Although mathematically, you may be correct. Let us say that Lady Gaga = 2 and Rock and Roll = 10. (C)rap just needs a negative score of = -9 and then Rock and Roll and Lady Gaga combined may well be less than Lady Gaga.

But this is probably me being overly anal.

I think Lady Gaga is wank as well, quite frankly.
              Lady Gaga

Katy Perry (she does have a huge forehead though. Seriously. Look at her.)
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                I like music that is complex with many layers to it and meaningful & genuine. The vast, vast, vast majority of rap is none of the that.
                No you don't, you like bland by the numbers MOR.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Yeah, revolt at something revolting...
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                    No you don't, you like bland by the numbers MOR.
                    I'm not going to bother trying to explain music to someone who was in The Unholy. That body of work speaks for itself.

It depends where you define the middle of the road and "bland". I definitely don't like heavy metal, which is presumably not "bland" by your definition. I love music like The National, which I know many people have dismissed as bland because they just don't get the music. But if you actually pay attention to it -- it IS complex with many layers to it and meaningful & genuine.

For the record, I can't remember what kind of music you like (you're probably one of those "more obscure = better music" types...), but I do remember the mp3s I endured of the music you made. And I most certainly would not call it complex with many layers to it and meaningful & genuine.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Indeed.

Find more artists like Sonic Undermind at Myspace Music

Find more artists like Sonic Undermind at Myspace Music

Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

• Fortunately for me, I'm at work with no headphones today.

But judging from the song titles, I somehow doubt they're meaningful songs...
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• The Unholy === Sonic Undermind
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            Fortunately for me, I'm at work with no headphones today.

But judging from the song titles, I somehow doubt they're meaningful songs...
                            And I never claimed they were or that that was what we aimed to make or that that was what I liked.

Self awareness!
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

• Don't feel bad, MikeH. Asher is a hater. He trashed my spoken word recordings in connorkimbro's thread. The man doesn't know how to speak to the creator of art. If he wants to criticize it to the artist's face, he can do so, but only if he brings some substance to help someone improve. To say you can't improve, stop it, you're terrible, and nothing else is being a hater.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                                Don't feel bad, MikeH. Asher is a hater. He trashed my spoken word recordings in connorkimbro's thread. The man doesn't know how to speak to the creator of art. If he wants to criticize it to the artist's face, he can do so, but only if he brings some substance to help someone improve. To say you can't improve, stop it, you're terrible, and nothing else is being a hater.
                                How can you tell someone how to improve when you don't know where to begin?

I've never seen someone perform spoken word that I like. It's all I can do to stop myself from smacking them for oozing such pretentiousness.

There's an ironic dishonesty to people who perform spoken word.

Comment

Working...
                                X