High price of Darwinism by Michael Vassar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tupac Shakur View Post
    How to tell a good vs evil story without being racist...

Evil black man leading a bunch of evil white troops.
    Who used to be White back when he was good and turns white again when he starts to care about his son.
    He also takes orders from a old White man who he calls master.

Not racist
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

And the white troops are really Maori on the inside. Not racist.

Comment

Hera,

Also, as far as 'justification for the treatment of animals,' I don't think that it's universal that man feels the need to justify his treatment of animals anymore than the leopard justifies his treatment of the monkey.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Wait, who are the orange people? Who are the purple people?

Very dark skin can seem pruple.

Guidos.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

And the white troops are really Maori on the inside. Not racist.
            The troops have aim horribly and die in huge numbers and are commanded by all white male officers while these guys have perfect aim:

The only important Black guy in the original trilogy also first betrays his best White friend only to repent after he realized Darth Vader planned to change the deal and take the white wimminz with him.

Not racist

Comment

Oh, but guidos deserve it.

Comment

while these guys have perfect aim:

I think you should watch that scene again. The Maoris won.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                  http://www.transhumanism.org/index.php/th/more/548/

Do you think Michael is right or did people use intelligence=worth even in previous centuries? Also what about his speculation on the effects of this change on the arts and sciences?

This post seems interesting and rings true to a extent but I'm very sceptical about the shifts supposed effects on art and even science. They may well be there I'm just not convinced its self apparent they are a important factor.

How do you define moral worth? I used to consider it purely on in-group pragmatic concerns, but have begun to shift to the possession of a soul (if I can just get myself to really believe in God and Christ).
                  I think things have changed greatly in recent decades to see intelligence as worth far more than ever in the past. Like you, I am skeptical about whether this has truly affected art & science, but I certainly see "fashionable" demonstrations of intelligence to be increasingly common. It is certainly an interesting article, thanks for posting it.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

while these guys have perfect aim:

I think you should watch that scene again. The Maoris won.
                    Let me repeat that they won under the command of a all white officer corps in service of an empire where all the bigshots are not only White but also have British accents:

So the Maori if they have superior numbers and are commanded and armed by the British can win while if you leave them alone on a forest moon for a few hours they can't even beat a bunch of teddy bears.

Clearly racist
                    Last edited by Heraclitus; January 6, 2011, 21:09.

Comment

a all white officer corps

Who all got blown up in the first Death Star.

And who blew up the second Death Star? A black man.

George Lucas

Comment

George Lucas
                        Giving to a old rich white Guy who got first got famous by making a all white movie

You are clearly racist

Comment

Spoilers!
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            Spoilers!
                            Anakin Skywalker gets married to a woman he loves and cares for deeply.
                            After he becomes Black and starts calling himself Darth Vader (clearly a gangesta nick) he nevers visits his children, their baby momma or pays a cent in child support.

This may be a spoiler but is necessary to reveal the deep racism of George Lucas
                            Last edited by Heraclitus; January 6, 2011, 21:08.

Comment

One of the few great role models of the movie series, a little person rapper gets his ass kicked by a powerful rich male old white lover of opera who calls him racist names like "my little GREEN friend".

RACIST!

Comment

Working...
                              X