X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, what's his e-mail address?

Dear Mr Boss of Provost Harrison,

Your employee, also known by the irregular name 'Provost Harrison', is a frequent visitor of my online messageboard apolyton.net.
    If the irregular name doesn't ring a bell to you, he's used IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. on Wednesday January 5th 2011 13:02 CET.
    He's a very respected member of our society, made over 15,000 posts, mostly during business hours. Therefore I'd like it to hire him as my personal abbreviator.

Please let me know his hourly rate and the transaction condition.
    Kind regards,

Robert Plomp
    Apolyton Civilization Site

something tells me that you'll be unemployed soon and can work for me for free!
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I don't think "mostly during business hours" is really fair or accurate in the last few years for PH. I'd say he's mostly been posting outside business hours or when not actually working since he's been a consultant. But with varying business hours as he tours around the world.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Yeah, but that's less fun.

Comment

But it's also likely to be true.

Funny how you prefer the made up version - kind of apt considering all the other made up stuff you believe in...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

ZING!
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

And the prophet came and spake once again to the crowd, saying "Lo!", for verily was it the custom to commence such an address with the word "Lo!".

"Lo! I tell ye all, this poster is our old friend Drixnax, manifesting himself with a new login, and bundled with a clue - Chameleon, referring doubtless to his regular changes in appearance".

Comment

Mike is right to be fair...and since mid December I have been on holiday I wish I had the chance. Actually I was on a bit during December during work because things were going so smoothly I didn't have a lot to do

I'd be amused if the root of all this turned out to be Stewart Spink...it kind of fits his style!
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                  But it's also likely to be true.

Funny how you prefer the made up version - kind of apt considering all the other made up stuff you believe in...
                  At least I'm consistent in my believes

Comment

So who's obvious DL is this?
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                      It's always silly to follow anything blindly.
                      I've always equated faith with "follow blindly"
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am the son of the Sun God. Bow before my majesticness!

Comment

If you were, Napoléon II, you'd realise that the acute accent goes on the e, not the o, f**kwit
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                            I've always equated faith with "follow blindly"
                            “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
                            because he has anointed me
                            to proclaim good news to the poor.
                            He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
                            and recovery of sight for the blind,

to set the oppressed free,
                            19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Luke 4:18-19
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                              "Lo! I tell ye all, this poster is our old friend Drixnax, manifesting himself with a new login, and bundled with a clue - Chameleon, referring doubtless to his regular changes in appearance".
                              I considered that--and this bozo strikes me as more obviously DL than Argus--but I'm not sure what "point" he'd be trying to make by this, since he didn't believe in God himself. A clumsy, not terribly lucid "discussion" of theism under the guise of open-mindedness seems more the type of strawman a theist would deploy. The name "Sting Chameleon" is obvious, but I figured this was someone like Kid trying to be clever, not Drinksnacks. But it could be that Drixy was just feeling spiteful and wanted to start a dumb controversy.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                                “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
                                because he has anointed me
                                to proclaim good news to the poor.
                                He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
                                and recovery of sight for the blind,

to set the oppressed free,
                                19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Luke 4:18-19
                                Ok, it's a declaration of Luke's faith. (Which he followed blindly) So what.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X