No announcement yet.

The 2011 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I came here for another Gabor update, and yes, I feel rather ghoulish by now over her.

Husband says Zsa Zsa Gabor is ill after surgery (AP)

AP - Zsa Zsa Gabor has a high fever, fluid in her lungs, an infection that developed after her recent leg amputation, and hasn't recognized anyone since the surgery, leading doctors to say she probably suffered a stroke, her husband said Tuesday.

» Read full article on[Yahoo! News: Entertainment News]
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• If there's an Igor on the scene, she could live indefinitely.

[/pratchett]
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• PARIS — French actress Maria Schneider, best known for playing opposite Marlon Brando in the 1972 film “Last Tango in Paris,” has died aged 58 after a long illness, her family told AFP.

Schneider was 19 when she made the film directed by Bernardo Bertolucci whose graphic sex scenes sparked controversy and led to it being banned in several countries.

“Last Tango in Paris,” the tale of a French girl and a middle-aged man who meet in a dilapidated flat in Paris to have anonymous sex, won Oscar nominations for Bertolucci and Brando and catapulted Schneider to global fame.

Schneider acted in a string of films in her career, including alongside Jack Nicholson in “The Passenger,” but none achieved the same notoriety as the Bertolucci classic.

Brando was 48 in 1972.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• 58? Crikey!

R.I.P.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• RIP.

Last Tango left a lasting impression on my young self. I was a freshman in college when it came out. So sexy...
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I think it's nice we give a final send off to all these lesser known celebs. Without the DP they'd be completely overlooked by Poly.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Rock guitarist Gary Moore dies

Say it ain't so

The renowned rock guitarist Gary Moore has died in Spain, the BBC has learned.

Mr Moore, 58, was, originally from Belfast, and was a former member of the legendary Irish group Thin Lizzy.

The renowned rock guitarist Gary Moore has died in a hotel room in Spain at the age of 58.
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Damn.
                  RIP.

Comment

• Berz picked a bad time to stop drinking. I have a half dozen of his solo CD's. Good at the Blues.

R.I.P.
                    Last edited by SlowwHand; February 6, 2011, 18:17.

Comment

• I hate when they die so young. I met him a couple times. Nice guy, very sincere, helluva player. Not a prima donna type.

The last two deaths reported here were 58-year olds. I turn 58 this year.

Comment

• I'll be 56. If I make 57, I beat my dad. I would really like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          I'll be 56. If I make 57, I beat my dad. I would really like that.
                          Sucker punch your old man?

"post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

• Elizabeth Taylor Hospitalized Due To Congestive Heart Failure
                            02/11/11 07:48 PM AP
                            She's in Cedars-Sinai, and I imagine she's on a few lists.

Comment

• She appears on 5 lists. Solomwi has her ranked highest (5th).

Comment

• JEEZ! How did I miss listing her?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X