Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah.

Someone picked Kissinger as well.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• The Duke of Edinburgh receives treatment for a blocked coronary artery after suffering chest pains, Buckingham Palace says.

Um, yeah.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Heinz Alfred "Henry" Kissinger is a German-born American academic, political scientist, diplomat, and businessman. He is a recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize. ...
        He would have been a good president.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I am 6th

Thank you North Korea
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            He would have been a good president.
            Nice try.

How about the Kissinger with the extremely restrictive travel options?

Dr. Strangelove.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• This is so rude, I know, but I've come to despise Zsa Zsa Gabor.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• She is one tenacious old bat...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I'm going to post the tentative final scores and awards (pending any changes before the reporting deadline of January 7th).

The Can't Cheat Death Award (50 points) goes to Krill for the final hit of the season on December 18th.

The Empty Casket Award goes to Perfection and Ming (50 points each). Ming is a three time winner of this award and finds himself steadily moving up the All-Time list based on consolation points and his single hit back in the early days of 2008 alone. Well played sir.

Finally, The Killing Spree Award is split three ways between -Jrabbit, Krill and Wezil (17 points each). Each had a spree of 2 hits at some point throughout the year.

None of the award points affect the final standings and once again -Jrabbit finds himself the recipient of the Grim Reaper Award.

Take a bow sir.

Comment

• Thanks, Wezil. And thanks for all the work you put into this; I know what it takes. This makes 3 wins out of 4 years and frankly, I'm a bit surprised. It's not like I put a ton of research into it. But for whatever reason, this thing keeps falling my way. Or to put it another way:
                    Eat my dust, beyotches!

I'll wait until it becomes official on the 7th to update my sig.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Oh well, fourth place, if it has been updated already...

Well played guys, and thank you Wezil for running the competition
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• You did well for your second time out. Your 2008 Team (for nostalgia sake):

Team Krill (Team N00B):
                        1. Barack Obama
                        2. Nick Scotti
                        3. Michael Darren "Mike" Williams
                        4. Asbjørn Jordahl
                        5. John Harold Vick Sutcliffe
                        6. Derek Parker
                        7. Archibald Roy Megarry
                        8. Brenda Lee
                        9. Sir Alfred Patrick Caldwell-Moore
                        10. Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson
                        11. Guy Hamilton
                        12. B. Constance Barry
                        13. Helen Gurley Brown
                        14. Jean Meeus
                        15. Katherine Woodville
                        16. Peter Alexander Rupert Carrington
                        17. Betsy Cromer Byars
                        18. Ian Paisley
                        19. Booby Robson
                        20. Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

I think Robert Plomp and stonesfan also deserve a round of applause for their 2nd and 3rd place finishes in their debut season. Well done by the newcomers.

Comment

• Indeed. Well done, guys.

Comment

• I'm very proud for my #2 debut! From now on it can only go down the hill!
                            Thanks wezil, it has been fun!!
                            Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                            Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Congratulations to -Jrabbit!
                              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	bwavo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	9092534
                                There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Working...
                                X