Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palin was right about Death Panels after all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be the first to admit that the NHS is an imperfect institution, but having to go back over a decade for a bad story about it - especially one that doesn't even compare like for like - is pretty ****ing lame!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Every health service is imperfect.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

I'd say wilfully sentencing people to death is about as imperfect as you can get!

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
          She could dress them up in moose suits and pretend she's hunting!
          Just curious - have you seen this :

http://www.theawl.com/2010/12/sarah-palin-the-tv-star-exposes-sarah-palin-the-fake-hunter
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I thought that particular lie of hers had been exposed during the presidential election.

So, I notice that not one member of the considerable Republican population on this forum has even tried to defend these death sentences - too embarrassed about their rampant hypocrisy or the blatant lies spread by Palin and co, I expect!

Slowwie's probably for it: pro death penalty - pro death panel, I guess he's thinking 'same difference'...

Comment

He'll just say "let God sort them out". They believe in that kind of superstitious nonsense
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                Stones, glass houses, lack of food for trolls, etc.
                So--just to be clear--in your view, the rationing of health services for low-income people is worse than the nonavailability of said services for low-income people. Gotcha.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Death panels were in existence in the form of forcing people to choose between either bankruptcy or getting a serious, chronic disease/illness treated.

Death panels also exist in the form of denying a person insurance coverage based on a preexisting condition.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

A seven year blot on your credit history seems a small price to pay.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                      Death panels were in existence in the form of forcing people to choose between either bankruptcy or getting a serious, chronic disease/illness treated.

Death panels also exist in the form of denying a person insurance coverage based on a preexisting condition.
                      How does someone with no obligation to pay for my healthcare articulating a reason not to take on that obligation constitute a death panel?
                      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                        So--just to be clear--in your view, the rationing of health services for low-income people is worse than the nonavailability of said services for low-income people. Gotcha.

You're not clear at all.

I think I made it clear why I posted what I posted.

A refresher:
                        How can the supposedly richest and most powerful country in the world let its citizens die like they were living in some 3rd world country!!? For shame, American, for shame...

Note: I only came across this story because it was reporting in the news in the UK. Do any of you US posters realise just how much of a global laughing stock the US has become to the rest of the world!!?

What a ****ed up country, that it can't even look after the health of its own citizens!
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                          Wow, so up to date

If you don't think it is still happening, but at a lower level (at least until the budget cuts have an effect) I would guess that you are sorely mistaken.
                          Last edited by notyoueither; December 20, 2010, 19:48.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            Exactly. Our point was never that the NHS doesn't have to do that, it was that EVERY health service, no matter how well funded has to do it. And Republican scaremongering about it was ridiculous, stupid and disgusting.

I think MOBIUS is just using some of the same language Republican Nutters were using about the NHS when they were attacking it against them. Making the point about the hypocrisy more than anything.

The super rich will never want for whatever care their millions and billions can buy.

Lower income earners would benefit greatly from a national health system.

Americans with high incomes, but who are not rich, stand to lose some of the quality of care they have come to expect through their more expensive, better plans. I suspect the Republicans were talking to these people, who happen to comprise a lot of their base.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                            X