Brits: Christmas Pudding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brits: Christmas Pudding?

So a friend of mine here is slightly obsessed with Victorian England, and she has invited me to a "Dickens Christmas Dinner" she's having next weekend. She crowed in her invite that she was going to make an as-authentic-as-possible boiled Christmas Pudding.

Who has had this, and should I expect to be clandestinely spitting it out into my napkin? The wikipedia entry doesn't look promising. Suet?

I feel rather blindsided by this, as she asked me if I was free for dinner BEFORE mentioning her little theme.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Sumptuous.

boiled Christmas Pudding

Comment

They are great, it is not Christmas without the traditional pudding, sorry you have never had a real Christmas, enjoy it

Comment

Too late do I realize my mistake of asking British people about matters of culinary taste...
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Both of those guys are Australians, Boris.

I can't help you. I've never been offered or ate "Boiled Christmas Pudding". Don't the British make it out of cow's blood or something? It might not taste bad, though.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I wasn't referring to them specifically. It was just a general musing.

But then again, they do still worship the queen.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Oh wait I have had it before. Once I googled it I realized I did when I was younger. I don't recall what I thought of it though. I think I didn't really like it but it wasn't some horrid abomination.

It was called Plum Pudding. Have you had it, Boris?
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I've had this a lot, and it's not bad at all.

It's great on a cold winter's day.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's interesting how Americans have shed away so many British cultural artifacts but the Canadians and Australians hold onto them.

Comment

You just noticed that?

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      It's interesting how Americans have shed away so many British cultural artifacts but the Canadians and Australians hold onto them.
                      How the **** is this interesting?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_of_Nations
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        It was called Plum Pudding. Have you had it, Boris?
                        I would think that the OP inquiry is sufficient answer to this question. Are you retarded, for reals?
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                          Too late do I realize my mistake of asking British people about matters of culinary taste...
                          You'll see.

Comment

Ive had xmas pud a few times and its not the end of the world. Ive put many worse things in my mouth before
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Not a big fan myself...especially if you break your teeth on a coin
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X