• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Lennon's Family and Friends Today

Saw this on Yahoo:

yahoo
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

What's so funny? That's a picture of John Lennon...

Don't you know anything about white music?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You see, albie, John Lennon was a member of a band called "The Beatles". They were from Liverpool, which is a city in England. England is a country approximately 3500 miles ENE of Philadelphia.

The Beatles played a type of music called "rock and roll" during the 1960s and part of the 1970s (between 50 and 35 years ago). They had a number of hit songs which were popular with people not living in the ****ty parts of Philadelphia
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Nah you better save that for gribbler and flastastic. They weren't aware of a Beatles song when Elok made a reference about Can't Buy Me Love.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

No, that is not what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              No, that is not what happened.
              Yes it is what happened. You thought he was referring to Money, That's What I Want but Elok's point would've made more sense with the actual better known song Can't Buy Me Love. Turned out Elok never even heard of Money, That's What I Want.

Comment

Yeah, I knew about a Beatles song he didn't know about. And as usual you're misinterpreting events.

Comment

Once more, given your complete lack of literacy, albie, I will defer to any other person's claim of what happened.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Elok can vindicate me

Comment

Here's the thread: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/1...-my-blog/page8
                      Elok said:
                      Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Quick wager: how many more posts until somebody in this thread quotes the Beatles' thoughts about money's buying power?
                      flash9286 posted lyrics from "Money" and said:
                      Originally posted by flash9286 View Post
                      Not originally a Beatles song, but they covered it.
                      Then Alby quotes that and says:
                      Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Wikipedia says youre wrong.
                      Note how he doesn't specify what was wrong with flash's post. He just says "you're wrong". I mistakenly thought that Alby was claiming that it was wrong to say that "Money" was "not originally a Beatles song, but they covereed it" because Alby quoted that phrase and said it was wrong. Maybe Alby should stop blaming his communication failures on other people.

Comment

1) I didn't know that those lyrics were from Money... sorry but three lines wasn't enough for me to ID the song.
                        2) I knew the reference Elok was making was to Can't Buy Me Love because that actually made more sense to the point Elok was making! Get it? Elok said money's buying power... as in, it can't buy me love. Money, that's what I want, doesn't make any statements about money's buying power, at least not as well as Can't Buy Me Love does. Get it? I don't know what the hell made Flash think of that song
                        3) Can't Buy Me Love is a better known song that some Beatles cover of a Barrett Strong song.
                        4) I posted a Blackstreet song called Can't Buy Me Love and a Ralph Tresvant song called Can't Buy You Love in keeping with Elok's point
                        5) Sorry that you're an ignorant troglodyte and don't know what Blackstreet or Ralph Tresvant are.

Comment

1) I didn't know that those lyrics were from Money... sorry but three lines wasn't enough for me to ID the song.
                          2) I knew the reference Elok was making was to Can't Buy Me Love because that actually made more sense to the point Elok was making! Get it? Elok said money's buying power... as in, it can't buy me love. Money, that's what I want, doesn't make any statements about money's buying power, at least not as well as Can't Buy Me Love does. Get it? I don't know what the hell made Flash think of that song
                          3) Can't Buy Me Love is a better known song that some Beatles cover of a Barrett Strong song.
                          4) I posted a Blackstreet song called Can't Buy Me Love and a Ralph Tresvant song called Can't Buy You Love in keeping with Elok's point
                          5) Sorry that you're an ignorant troglodyte and don't know what Blackstreet or Ralph Tresvant are.
                          Here's the sequence of events:

1) Alby makes a post that seems to say "the Beatles didn't cover 'Money' and Wikipedia proves it"
                          2) I make a post saying "WTF, the Beatles did cover 'Money'"
                          3) Alby somehow concludes that I didn't understand Elok's reference

dumbass...

Comment

Check the follow-up posts where I explained:

Wrong song, Flash

Jesus, I don't even listen to the Beatles and I am aware of these songs and that Can't Buy Me Love and Money (That's what I want) are two different songs.

Then Elok said:

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                            I was unaware of the Beatles' cover of that song (or, indeed, of that song itself). I figured it wouldn't be too long before Curtis used their more famous hit, or at least the words, to support his money-isn't-everything argument.

THANK YOU, ELOK. I win.

Comment

Why am I wasting my time talking to this ******?

Comment

Working...
                              X