Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hate this time of year

for so, so, so many reasons.

But one of the big ones is all the Christmas shopping commercials. All the stupid jewelry and car ads, those ****ing Old Navy mannequins, just every ****ing this.

Exception that proves the rule: Victoria's Secret commercials.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Commercials?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Guy, may I suggest yoga or meditation?
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I sometimes wonder if a store whose manager put out a big "We will not be playing ANY Xmas music while you shop" banner would get mobbed. Apparently that rubbish really does make people buy more, though--at least, I'm told that studies support that conclusion--so I don't think anyone will try it. But they could stand to switch to nice, soothing instrumental treatments of the less obnoxious ones.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

i, for one, am getting tired of seeing those f*cking sellouts in that goddamned car commercial. goddamned hipsters need to die. :wiglaf:
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Which one, the Vampire Weekend Honda commercial or the Pomplamoose Hyundai commercial?

I'm guessing the latter. I want to ****ing kill them too
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

**** you

Comment

DISREGARD the Santa hat

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf View Post
                  **** you
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Oh I didn't realize this was actually a singing group. I just assumed they got actors for the commercial

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You can be excused for that, unlike for some of your previously-demonstrated ignorance of massively famous bands
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Wow they really ****ed up September.

What is going on? Are these one of those new youtube-era underground groups? If so, well you can't hate on them for getting that money through commercials anymore than you can hate on the chocolate rain guy. They probably don't even have a recording deal (and probably shouldn't ever have one ).

That chick completely defamed Maurice White, though. Like wow she's not even a good singer. Anyone off the street can sing as well as her.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          You can be excused for that, unlike for some of your previously-demonstrated ignorance of massively famous bands
                          I am certain you are not familiar with some very famous groups that I know.

Comment

I am equally certain that not one of those groups was ever half as huge as Led Zeppelin.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

"Hot rap groups in Philly" != massively famous, douchenozzle
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                              X