No announcement yet.

What is it about arsonists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possibly black people excite less sympathy. Also, we haven't been hearing about Sudan for decades.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Also, Jews control the media.

Comment

Wait, he was asking about the UN, wasn't he? I guess that's because there are a bunch of Arab countries in the UN who piss and moan about Israel as a hobby, while most of Sudan's neighbors just want it to be over.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov View Post
          Yes, but they gain far more from it the way it is.
          The military aid has to be used with American companies, so it's practically subsidizing US defense companies.
          Yes, this is another example of just how ****ed the US is.

And no, that's not any better.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov View Post
            Consider, for instance, if someone denies the right of a Jewish state to exist, while supporting the exact same thing for the Palestinians. It's effectively biased against Jewish people.
            No.

Many people don't "deny the right of a Jewish state to exist", they're just upset the land was taken by force and designated as such. In wanting to return the land to the people before Israel existed, it's not anti-Semitism. It's just what Israelis like to shriek at the top of their lungs.

"You oppose Israel? You are biased against Jews! You are biased against Jews? YOU ARE AN ANTI-SEMITE! ANTI-SEMITE! ANTI-SEMITE! THIS GUY OVER HERE IS AN ANTI-SEMITE!!!!"
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Wait, he was asking about the UN, wasn't he? I guess that's because there are a bunch of Arab countries in the UN who piss and moan about Israel as a hobby, while most of Sudan's neighbors just want it to be over.
              And I attribute the pissing and moaning about Israel by the Arabs to be antisemitism. Reasonable, yes?
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                You don't think anti-semitism is the reason that the UN generates so much hysteria over Israel but not over Sudan? I can't think of any other reasons...
                Does Sudan exist on land that was arbitrarily taken? Do they frequently assassinate citizens of other countries, openly brag about trying to spread computer viruses controlling nuclear plants, bulldoze people's houses on a regular basis, etc?

There's a lot of reasons we hear more about Israel. One of them is history, the other is the fact that Israel comes off as an arrogant *******. Nobody likes an arrogant *******, except other arrogant *******s like...well, who is Israel's #1 ally?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  No.

Many people don't "deny the right of a Jewish state to exist", they're just upset the land was taken by force and designated as such. In wanting to return the land to the people before Israel existed, it's not anti-Semitism. It's just what Israelis like to shriek at the top of their lungs.
                  Do you realize that Zionism and the Jewish migration to Israel predates its creation by decades? Israel already was something like 20% before the Holocaust even started.

Comment

Do you realize that Zionism and the Jewish migration to Israel predates its creation by decades?
                    Do you realize that this doesn't matter?

Maybe I should start a movement for homosexuals and call it Asherism and convince all homosexuals to start migrating to West Virginia. Then we can get our own state and call anyone who doesn't want us to annex West Virginia homophobes.

And before you play the holocaust card, I remind you gays were just as much a target as Jews were.

Comment

Okay Asher, you've had your fun. I wonder if Iraq ever struck you as arrogant for invading Kuwait, attempting to assassinate a US president and funding terrorism in other countries? Not to mention brutally repressing its own people and establishing a cult of personality?

No, but that wouldn't fit with your Blame America and Blame Israel synapse.

And when Israel blew up the Osiraq reactor, was viciously criticized for it? Boy, what terrible people--they kept a megalomaniac from getting nukes! Meddlers!

Comment

Okay Asher, you've had your fun. I wonder if Iraq ever struck you as arrogant for invading Kuwait, attempting to assassinate a US president and funding terrorism in other countries?
                        Yep, Iraq was arrogant. You know why?

Guess who put Saddam in power.

Comment

No, but that wouldn't fit with your Blame America and Blame Israel synapse.

Are you this naive?

America puts Saddam in power, a move born out of American arrogance. Iraq, under Saddam, commits endless atrocities and invades neighbouring countries.

And THIS doesn't fit with my Blame America motif?

Comment

The United States propped up Saddam when he was fighting the Iran-Iraq war, but he came to power on his own. You should get your facts straight.

Comment

The United States propped up Saddam when he was fighting the Iran-Iraq war, but he came to power on his own. You should get your facts straight.

Yeah, the US didn't help Saddam at all when he was buddy-buddy with the US even before he came to power in the 60s/70s. He was seen as a valiant anti-communism crusader who gave women additional rights, so the US thought he was an okay guy. You're kidding yourself if you think the US didn't help him get into power.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                                Do you realize that this doesn't matter?

Maybe I should start a movement for homosexuals and call it Asherism and convince all homosexuals to start migrating to West Virginia. Then we can get our own state and call anyone who doesn't want us to annex West Virginia homophobes.

And before you play the holocaust card, I remind you gays were just as much a target as Jews were.
                                So you think homosexuals have fundamental cultural differences with other people of the same race and religion?

You and Ben may agree on more things than you realize.

Comment

Working...
                                X