No announcement yet.

Dale 2.0 (Or the Revenge of Robert?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 19:34.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Those links don't work.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 19:34.
        Order of the Fly

Comment

You're a very bad Buddhist, AAHZ.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

According to the search I only made 2 posts in 2008. Maybe that's true, seems unlikely though.

The search is different on this system to the old site so differences in search results might not be the result of posts being deleted, might be due to differences or corruption within the search index.

Running the search indexer on Counterglow, which has a tiny fraction of the posts of Apolyton, takes hours. I suspect it takes days to run this one. Maybe it didn't complete or there were some errors.

It's actually really, really hard to selectively delete all a users posts between two dates. All your posts, easy, selected between two dates? Really hard.

So I suspect your accusations about post deletion are unfounded, but there might well be an issue with indexing.
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 19:33.
              Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                i also remember that threads moved into the closed forum do NOT go toward post count, so its possible i suppose that my over 3 years of archived threads didnt go toward my count either, so im not sure what kind of screwed up crap is going on.
                Post count doesn't work like that. It stores a number in your profile which it adds 1 to every time you post again. Moving the threads makes no difference.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

MikeH: the point is all my past threads ARE in the archive but none of my actual POSTS are under my account history. i dont know how to fix the links because they are just from clicking my profile and post history and thread history search. there is discrepancies between the 2
                  The account history uses the search, so the threads aren't deleted and this is just a search index problem. Which also seems to be affecting me.

Unless he's ruthlessly culling my posts for... er... not moderating hard enough?
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

also why is this page http://apolyton.net/search.php?searc...82&pp=&page=19 dates 2004-2010

differ from this one:http://apolyton.net/search.php?searchid=11381 all my threads in that time span
                    The links don't work.
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

The post is there. So what's the problem?

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

while we are at it, I tried searching for really auld stuff here in OT, but not all of it is appearing, it seems, is the whole DB from 20th century forward still searchable?
                          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Ah, yes. It seems like there's a post-search problem.
                              Thanks for notifying us of this problem in a very kind way, AAHZ. It's appreciated.

Comment

Order of the Fly

Comment

Working...
                                X