Should the US be Under UN Command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the US be Under UN Command?

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I know in the past there have been efforts to tax the US by the UN, and to provide some sort of control over US forces by the UN. If we are to have one world government someday, then the UN would be the obvious choice. Not only that, but it would allow the international community to control the US military and prevent the US from attacking other countries without cause. What do you guys think? I think the issue with North Korea suddenly occurring would be the perfect opportunity for this.
    Tilting at windmills is a wonderful pastime.

The UN is the last organization I would want to give any real control to.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

lol... is there any single human institution that accomplishes less and is less effective than the UN?
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Yes, there's the EU. Together they are super heros of incompetence. Oh, and lol at this new guy. He looks to be about as dumb as C0ckney. Now all he has to do is flee his home country to South America and it will be complete.

Comment

I'm not sure who C0ckney is, but I'm pretty confident he's smarter than you are. Also, he said to ask you about your "accomplishments."

Comment

A pretty sad DL troll.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm not sure why you are calling me a DL troll? Sounds like you can't refute my opinions and arguments and instead are resulting to name calling.

Comment

Invalid poll.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

poll ?
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Sorry I didn't think about putting up a poll. Maybe a moderator can fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Argus View Post
                        I'm not sure why you are calling me a DL troll? Sounds like you can't refute my opinions and arguments and instead are resulting to name calling.
                        Hmm, you think the US should be under control by the UN and (in another thread) you think the US would help NORTH Korea if a war broke out over there.

Why would anybody waste their time with such an obvious moronic DL troll?
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I fixed the north korea thing. I forgot the word "against." I also thought it would be obvious what I meant. As far as this thread is concerned, you haven't exactly offered up reasons as to why this would be a bad idea other than to insult me.

Comment

The fact that not one other person, in this thread so far, has any faith in the UN as a ruling organization should clue you in.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have a better idea for one world government: put all countries under US control.

Comment

Working...
                              X